Can exploiters hack a game even if they don't have any scripts?

I created a game, and it didn’t have ANY scripts, no free models or anything. But, for some reason, it kept teleporting me to a game, this used to be in an old group that scammed me that asked me to create an interview center.

• Was the last games they had created before, the games that had free models, had the virus transferred from there?

• Was it even hacked?

• Has this happened to anyone else?

They have before made games that have had free models in them, but I’m not sure if that script of the free model viruses can transfer to the new game. I don’t want this to happen again! Help would be appreciated!

Exploits, viruses and hacks aren’t the same things.
Hacks are where your account, bank, ect gets broken into via the internet.
Exploits are where someone injects a 3rd party dll into a piece of software or a game which allows them to run scripts that allows them to do things a normal player can’t do.
Viruses are where a malicious model / script / plugin was used and it had a negative impact on your game’s performance or even worse - it inserts something to get your account banned.

There’s a couple of possible explanations as to why this could have happened to your game even without scripts or free models.

You could have possibly downloaded a plugin that was a virus or had malicious ware in it which could have put a hidden script in one of your builds or model that you have had in the game and it’s something that you really wouldn’t notice as it’s typically somewhere really deep into the code or in the model that you have placed into your game. If this is what did happen to you, then it’s best you try and find which model has a script in it and look into the code of it. This can result in your game being exploitable by exploiters and other user’s which could be a reason of why your game has malicious ware in it.

To answer your question about the exploiters being able to “hack” a game without having any scripts implemented, the answer to that is yes. There’s a couple ways exploiters could manipulate your game even without having the scripts such as using executors to run code on the server. (since exploiting has had a big recent change)

I suggest looking into all of your plugins and files you have downloaded and making sure that none of them are viruses or have any malicious ware in them as that could be a big factor as to why your game has been teleporting you to an unknown place or game.

1 Like

There are no such things as “hidden scripts.” There is no way to place an inaccessible Script using Roblox Studio, even through the use of a plugin. Whatever the OP is describing will be located somewhere under the game where (Local)Scripts can run: Workspace, ReplicatedFirst, ServerScriptService, StarterPack, StarterPlayer, or StarterGui.

A virus isn’t necessarily a hidden script, it’s more of something that was implemented into your studio through use of a model, plugin, or other malicious files you have on your device. I would say that they can be hidden in places you wouldn’t really think of them to be such as at the bottom of one of the code’s you have written or in a model that you used.

1 Like