Can Fan Clothing Get You Banned?

I recently finished watching The Promised Neverland and was inspired to make some fan clothing based on it. Would I get banned from making some?

4 Likes

I’m going to say probably not. Of course I have no idea about how aggressively the company that are reponsible for that content police their copyrights. If you wanna be super safe then upload the clothing onto an alternate account.

4 Likes

Clothing can get taken down for having logos like the Nike logo, I would be careful of what you post but I have been warned many times in the past for uploading clothing so I don’t think it’s a real concern.

3 Likes

Quick answer: Yes, it can.

Long answer:

It depends. Let’s say you liked the clothing of a character and decide to make something similar and upload it to Roblox. You can’t get banned since you are making a NEW clothing design inspired on the show.

However, if you use the show’s logo, or COPY something highly recognizable (e.g. a Squid Game suit), it may get you banned because you are using IP that is not yours, and therefore, subject of copyright.

4 Likes

Copyright is a legal minefield sometimes since there are some cases in which a logo/design can actually be public domain depending on several factors including age, simplicity, etc. For example the Subway logo.

Due to it’s copyright status it is allowed to be uploaded on Wikimedia Commons. Here is an extract on the licensing text on the image description on Commons.
“This logo image consists only of simple geometric shapes or text. It does not meet the threshold of originality needed for copyright protection, and is therefore in the Public Domain.”

1 Like

Yes, I know that. The copyright standards are pretty weird and you should always do your research before to avoid any problems, that’s why I said that

1 Like