Can grass decoration be customized? 3 problems

Hello, forum. Recently, Roblox added Wind into experiences, which can alter clouds, particles, and grass. However, I’ll be focusing on grass detail only, as it’s the one I’m having problems with.

First of all, grass decoration, cannot be customized. You simply tick a property named “Decoration” inside Terrain and that’s it, you’ve now got grass decoration.

Second of all, grass decoration is only available in a specific Terrain type: grass. What if I want to use it on a snowy terrain?

Last but not least, what if I want to add custom grass outside the Terrain voxels? An example of this would be an individual using PBR and meshes to make their own Terrain, instead of using Roblox’s default one (Frontlines is an example).

In conclusion, what I want to know is if any of the problems I’ve mentioned have a workaround or if they need to get requested in #feature-requests.

3 Likes

If you just need a different texture, you can simply change it. If you want to change how it looks, aka increasing mesh details, custom grass, you will have to remake it. Obviously you can suggest adding more options to grass, however you can use a workaround for now. Just create a grass mesh/union/whatever and make it move from wind, keep in mind that it will affect performance!

1 Like

If only I could get the Regular Rank.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.