Can GUI's in VR Take Up the Whole Screen?

, ,

Hello DevForum! :cowboy_hat_face: :ok_hand:
I have been experimenting with VR for a bit, and I see that when you insert GUIs into your game and you play it in VR, it does not appear as it would on a computer.

Here is what I am trying to say.

On a computer, the GUI takes up the whole screen. ( I set it up to do that. )
While in VR, it appears more like a Billboard GUI, I will provide photos the next time I go into VR.

Is it possible to make the GUI cover up the entire screen?
Also, I have an Oculus Rift S.

Thanks,
Hexultic.

As of right now, VR on Roblox is very, very poor. So no, GUI’s can indeed not take up the whole entire screen.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

You know, in most VR games, they don’t necessarily have UI around them, for the most part. It mostly consists of placing the player inside a box or circle. That’s just my assumption.

1 Like

I know, but I am trying to do something totally different.

What you could do is just get a Part with a SurfaceGui that’s always CFramed in front of the head and make it big enough so that they can’t see around it. I haven’t tried this myself but it seems like it can work.

I would, but what is a CFrame. lol I am not that great at this

It is essentially a way to manipulate the position of a part. For example, to make the player teleport to a part you would write something like this: Character.Head.CFrame = game.Workspace.Teleport.CFrame where Character is a variable that stores the player’s character. If you are still not sure what a CFrame is, try looking on the developer hub or just googling “Roblox studio CFrame”

1 Like

In simpler words, CFrame is every position value of a part. This is the position, and the orientation of a part.

1 Like

Thank you for your help! :smiley:

1 Like