Can I be banned from devex if I have owned a group with a moderated game?

So I made a group, “The ro-bio official group” thinking the ro-bio version my team would make would be safe. But I was later kicked off the team after I had given them to group. The game later got banned and I got a 3 day ban for creating the group. Would this ban me from devex?

5 Likes

Depends on what was moderated. Could you elaborate more?

3 Likes

I don´t you will and I dont think you should be banned if you dont own the group no more.

4 Likes

No one will be able to give you an exact answer to this. Assuming the ban wasn’t for something major and it happened a while ago then I am going to guess you are still eligible to DevEx. However I can’t be sure because Roblox themselves ultimately decide if you are eligible to DevEx. Here is the sorts of violations that could stop a DevEx request being accepted:

• Failure to complete registration/submit tax forms on the DevEx portal
  • Insufficient Earned Robux (Please review section 3.b of the DevEx Terms of Service)
  • Terms of Service violations including but not limited to
    1. Scamming
    2. Account Theft
    3. Attempting to exchange Robux for real currency other than through DevEx
    4. Other suspicious activity that is used to exploit other Roblox users or Roblox feature
    5. Any illegal or unethical activities

Please note that if your request is rejected for a Terms of Service violation then we will not be able to provide exact details on why you were rejected but only general information.

I got this information from the Developer Exchange (DevEx) FAQs page. I would read points 10, 11 and 12 as these points will briefly explain the sorts of things that stop a request from being accepted. As I said above no one will be able to give you an exact answer to this but pure speculations.

3 Likes

Developer Exchange requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Request it anyway and you’ll probably be followed up accordingly. You yourself most likely won’t be banned from the entire program for a moderation but it definitely won’t go unnoticed.

9 Likes

Hi, @CaptainD_veloper,

If you provide in-depth information about your audit, we can help you. You can also enter DevEx if it’s not important or you can prove you didn’t do it. I assure you that they will not ban you from the entire DevEx program for only one audit.

As you know, first DevEx takes a little more time than the others. I think it would take more time than they would look at your moderation history. There are some particularly dangerous Terms of Service violations that may cause your DevEx request to be rejected regardless of the timing of the violation.

Scamming
Account Theft
Trying to trade Robux for a currency other than DevEx
Other Roblox users or other suspicious activity used to take advantage of Roblox features
Any illegal or unethical activity

If your DevEx is declined due to a Terms of Service violation, you should try to contact Roblox Support.

5 Likes

i… what?
in what moment you think that, a game which literally ALL VERSIONS, Even the ROBOT one, got banned, could possibly have a safe version ?

it doesn’t, this game is forbidden not due to the graphics, but the principe & ideas behind the scientific’s actions, Roblox included you in the ban despite you weren’t the current owner because Roblox will assume you knew the risks and you played & contributed to it, which justify everything.

2 Likes

What happens if you got falsely moderated? I’ve had a ridiculous case where I was moderated for “scamming” because of an image I put up (and it would be a stretch to even consider the image a scam in anyway). I’m pretty sure scams are meant to trick or mislead people, and even if we considered anything with malicious intent a scam this image didn’t check any of those boxes remotely.

Either way, I somehow got moderated for this. As this is a violation under:

Wouldn’t that make me ineligible for dev ex? Despite not doing anything wrong? And Roblox Support never responds to me (at least send me an automated email guys), so I don’t think that’d help at all.

3 Likes

DevEx is managed by human moderators who review each submission case accordingly. False moderations don’t account towards declination of DevEx and the staff are open to discuss if that moderation did affect you. False moderations are up to moderator discretion however, not yours.

Scamming does make you ineligible for DevEx, yes. It would’ve helped to reach out to support when the incident occurred or to have made a post about an ad rejection in #moderation-review-requests (provided you are a Full Member). DevEx is probably open to discuss that moderation if you are declined as well.

Some moderations that are aged aren’t taken into consideration either, to my knowledge, depending on what specifically it was that happened as well as the details on that moderation.

Postscript: Keep in mind that category is meant to discuss asset moderations, not account moderations.

1 Like

I was making something like rock-bio, which would have been a rock experimental game. The group ended up scamming me and kicked me out and released the bad version. There is still a robot one: https://www.roblox.com/games/2397424135/Ro-Chanics

i do remember that it was taken down once, so i believe this game is still reaching the limits of what Roblox allows and they made adjustments for that.

Regardless, i feel bad for the scam, but good too as they didn’t really get anything either.

1 Like

I don’t know if you would know the answer to this question, but I’ll ask anyway. A few months ago, my account was terminated for an unauthorized purchase after I bought Robux and PayPal disputed the transaction for some reason. Anyway, after some back and forth with appeals, I got my account back and the termination was appealed. You say that false moderation shouldn’t affect DevEx eligibility, and I’m just wondering if an appealed moderation would fall under that. An unauthorized transaction is definitely something I think would automatically make someone ineligible for DevEx, but just wondering.

1 Like

DevEx considers your moderation history to an extent. While any staff intervention for behaviours on the site are logged permanently for your account, dated moderations without much severity behind them don’t carry as much weight as any recent moderations or those with a greater severity to them.

I don’t assume appealed moderation action carries as much weight and depending on the circumstances behind it, could fall under incorrect moderation. Push comes to shove, you get declined for DevEx, you can discuss the circumstances with the DevEx team afterward.

2 Likes

If it’s recent, it will carry a fair amount of weight, especially if said ban is justified.

1 Like

How long is “recent”? 1 month or a year or what?

I don’t know the details of how long “recent” extends to. That term can change based on the needs of moderation - that’s an internal policy that isn’t publicised. The point isn’t really to worry about dates but rather to make sure that you’ve been in good standing with moderation for a significant period of time (you can still be in good standing with moderation despite new bans and warnings).

Significant is also subjective. As far as I know, I could assume 6 months or more. Could be a long stretch but I prefer staying on the safe side when it comes to moderation.

2 Likes

They look at all your moderation history, even if the moderation is old.

Your moderation history is reviewed but keep in mind the specific point I’m trying to convey here. There is a certain extent to which moderation history is reviewed and dated moderations do not carry as much weight. Old moderation history does not necessarily make you ineligible to DevEx and reviewing staff can choose to waive minor infractions. The expectation is that you are currently upholding good community standing. Furthermore, you must keep in mind that DevEx requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis - every user and every submission is completely different.

Such clarification is available within Developer Exchange documentation. A good first place to look is the Frequently Asked Questions page, to which OP’s question falls under. One of the FAQs mentions dated moderations and how they effect your eligibility. Here are screenshots of the requirements and the FAQ discussing dated moderation:

And furthermore, check out the Developer Exchange Terms of Usage.

Edit: I’ve also personally asked a question about DevEx before. It was related to a fear of attempting to use the program due to some questionable actions in the past (not any unethical activities, just bad content). Most of the replies came in the same: do it anyway. This summarises the thread, interested full members can read that thread here.

2 Likes

I hope that’s the case…

30 characters

That is the case. This is information passed down from other developers who have worked with the Developer Exchange program and are well acquainted with its processes.