Can I create animations that do NOT replicate?

So I want to play an animations that only the client can see. No replication to other users. Does anyone know how to do this?

All replies are appreciated!

Is it even possible to do this???

The only thing I can think of is manually modifying the character’s Motor6D transforms locally (I don’t believe that replicates.)

Then again if your animations are complex, this is probably not ideal.

Another idea is locally creating a new animator instance and placing it in the character’s humanoid, then locally loading an animation track onto that one and playing it, I’ve never tried this before.

1 Like

This almost worked! It played the animation on only the client. However, afterward, whenever I try to play other animations from the server, it hits me with this error:

Very unfortunate that it doesn’t work. It was a great idea though!

You shouldn’t play character animations from the server.

If you want to play an animation that replicates, perhaps you could try loading the animation track locally on the other animator object the server created.

1 Like

Ok so I tried doing all my animations on the client and this method seems to be working now except that it literally stops all animations from replicating – even the ones not loaded into the custom animator (walk, idle and jump animations included.)

PS

Thanks for the tip! Is this because it takes a little more time for the server to replicate to the client/clients?

1 Like

If your creating the animation on the client you can send all the data through a RemoteEvent, which I do not recommend doing at all.

Yeah that, and also the fact animations also naturally replicate despite being played locally.