Can I Depict a Mass Shooting in a Roblox Game?

Hello developers,

I am wondering if I can develop a game in which you are a police officer, clearing the hotel room of the man behind the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting, Stephen Paddock.

There will be no gore, but possibly blood.

Dead bodies among the crowd will absolutely not be depicted, however, a view of Paddock firing at the crowd will be shown and screams can be heard.

The game will contain some political themes (please don’t get angry in the thread).

And of course, it would be respectful (wouldn’t have a title such as “Kill a Mass Shooter for VIP!” [the title would probably be much more vague and briefly reference the topic], and respects victims of the shooting itself).

Could this be allowed? Since it’s a little more recent, it may not, but I want to know.

If I wanted to, could I expand on it and add more chapters to the game, possibly a storyline?

Thanks,
Fizzitix

Probably a very large no, even though nothing is shown, it is implied heavily that its happening which essentially does mean you are depicting it.

1 Like

I see Roblox prohibits depictions of specifically real-life events that actually happened, such as the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, however, it only prohibits the “support, condon[ation], or glorif[ication] of mass shootings” in general.

Does this mean if I modified the game to depict a different shooting that never actually happened (however based on the Las Vegas shooting mentioned beforehand), and was clearly against it (which is what I was originally going for anyways), it could possibly work?

Could I have a message at the beginning stating the game was based on real-life events, or does that fall under the “depictions of real-life events” guideline?

2 Likes

My understanding of the rule is that it simply isn’t allowed full stop, if you’re supporting it or not, and considering that roblox is a childrens gaming platform, I would be more inclined to believe that my understanding is correct.

Probably not, very small maybe but I wouldn’t risk it.
As much as I would love a game like Ready or Not on roblox, even if everything was fake and not real, I highly doubt roblox would let it stay on the platform as it does depict that sort of content.

That would clearly fall under the “depictions of real life events” guideline.

3 Likes

yeah, maybe come up with your own shooter scenario, but roblox doesn’t like real life tragedy stuff. weird since they always advertise the titanic game lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.