Can I disable the new way of using materials?

Hi! Spiral here. This is my first post, so sorry if anything is wrong with it.

I am currently trying to diable a new bug that I find quite annoying and unnecessary. It makes a new cursor that makes me click on which object I wish to change the material to. This is so much more annoying to me, and I am so used to the old way that I am spending a lot of time selecting the objects, then realizing it doesn’t let me easily fix it.

Thanks!

Do you have any pictures or video you could provide? I’m having a bit of difficulty finding the issue you’re referring to.

1 Like

Every time I try to take an image, the cursor disappears. I was concerned that this would be a problem to finding the solution as well. Sorry.

If you use microsoft, use snipping tool, and you can highlight the problem with the highlighter

1 Like

I did. The tool was made to be only active when in the roblox studio screen, so when other applications, such as snipping tool gets in the way, the cursor disappears.

Yea you’re going to have to be more exact in what you mean, because the only material “tool” I know of (besides just editing the material property) is this one in the toolbar:

If we are to help you, please take a video or gif or some form of capture to show us of the actions (besides the cursor), because 99.9% of the time these kinds of “bugs” are user error.

1 Like

You can try using a camera to record it on the screen instead of directly recording the screen to give us an example of what it looks lie.

Hello, I’m about a few months late but I have the solution to your problem.

Problem:
You have a wand tool for materials that only changes the material of a single part at a time.

Solution:
You have enabled “Material Action as Tool” in the “Parts” dropdown.

Image of the Problem:
As you can see in the image above the problem is very discrete but just go ahead and disable it in the Model tab and your problem should be resolved!

Hope this helped! :smile:

5 Likes

i dont have that option, any other solutions?