Can I get some feedback on my building so far?

I’ve always been a terrible builder in the past, more always been a scripter and free modeled all the buildings required for the games I made in the past. But I finally decided to make something from scratch (more or less, still some free models here and there but mostly for the smaller cosmetic stuff)

But can I get some opinions, how is the lighting/building aesthetic? (I’m building a mall for a game I’m working on, btw obviously it’s not all done :stuck_out_tongue: so only looking for some feedback on the 2-3 shops I’ve built so far and the look that surrounds it. Anything I can add to make it more aesthetically pleasing? Does it look like a passable mall so far?

Thanks! Anything you guys can think of that would make it pop would be appreciated.

9 Likes

Amazing! The colour palette and the materials fit very well together, along with the design. the lighting in the arcade is fantastic, it reminds me of one I went to a week ago. Only criticism i have is the plants hanging down from the walls don’t fit that well to me. Maybe something like a mosaic or marble pattern would be better. Great build! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! Ya I wasn’t sure what to put there. Since plain wall didn’t look so good felt like empty space. I’ll try something like that.

2 Likes

Yes it looks good! I like the beam effects with the lights.

1 Like

Those neon cars in the arcade look great!

For the mall area, how about a skylight? Lots of malls have skylights, here:

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: Yea I haven’t even started on the ceiling yet. It’s planned.

2 Likes

It looks great! Are you planning on adding more things in the arcade?

Yea, I plan to make every store interactive as well. But right now I more just want to create the base layout for each shop. Then later on go in and polish them, add more detail and script their functionality :smiley: