Can I have feedback on the thumbnail for my game?

I made this GFX for my game. Can I have feedback?

2 Likes

First few things I notice

1. The text is hard to read
  2. The Image itself is very noisy and hard to read
  3. There’s very minimal content shown here, perhaps look for more of a “Money shot” of stuff going on, this can be a zoomed in of say, one character with the camera looking down the edge of the blade, something “Dynamic” and describes your game very simply and elegantl
  4. The special effects are neat, but too small to really be noticeable in this image
  5. Overall, it’s very dark, and the contrast between the characters, and text, is a bit too much causing strains on the eyes.

Overall though It could use quite a bit of work, and try looking into some color theory as your colors are kind of all over the place, and it’s rather illegible.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll try to make an improved thumbnail. I also thought that the dark background was making a lot of things seem invisible.

I feel like the quality overall of the thumbnail is a bit bad, and I can also tell that the transparent rain background wasn’t in a 1920x1080 format. That’s why it looks really blurry and pixely.

You should incorporate other characters within the game you could even throw small pieces of information within the thumbnail giving players a better understanding what your game is about, with the basic approach I’m assuming it’s a sort of fighting game?

Perhaps experiment with adding a proper quality background the black approach looks odd and unappealing the thumbnail for your game doesn’t really show what the game is about. All it shows is a fighting scene going on, there are many ideas to improve an game logo. If your losing ideas view existing made games to place elements that are missing. See here:

This needs a lot of work. The image is way to dark, the avatars limbs are not even seeable to the point where it looks like floating shoes and torsos, or just accessories, and the rain effect I feel is a little too heavy for that background. The title of the game is a little too shiny, and the font makes it hard to read on top of that. Everything else is nice, I just wish I could see the rigging and what is actually going on in the picture. It’s good, it just needs work.

-Void_Xiety :white_heart: