Can I have multiple ContextActionService mobile buttons?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    Hi! I ask a lot of questions. Is it possible to have multiple ContextActionService buttons at once?
  2. What is the issue? I have two buttons so far (I’m trying to add a few more if needed) for emotes, since I can’t figure out how to use GUI buttons for emotes like laying and different types of sitting.

I’m pretty sure only one button works at once, since when I press my buttons, it does this:

tango sit problem

1. What solutions have you tried so far? I’ve tried to enable both scripts (When I do sit 1, it temporarily disables sit 2 until sit 1 is toggled off) but it still only has one button.

Possible solutions:

• If I could figure out how to use this controls frame with mobile, that would be much easier since my players would be able to press on both mobile and desktop versions.
    I originally didn’t want to do ContextActionService at all because I didn’t understand it, and honestly I was a little intimidated. This one game, Farm World, has GUI buttons that work on mobile, I just can’t seem to figure out how to do it.
  • Maybe I can have a mobile-only GUI button that changes which emote is loaded into the one button.
  • It might be possible for me to do a radial menu like Creatures of Sonaria has.

But regardless, thanks for reading and I hope someone can answer my original question, even if they don’t have a solid solution.

It looks like your only pressing one button in the gif you showed us up there

There’s two different buttons, but when I press the lower one (sit 2) the top one (sit 1) appears and the first disappears. Sorry that wasn’t clear! I think it should look like this if both were up. I did this picture in a picture-editing program, both buttons aren’t onscreen at the same time.

Well to answer your question, yes you can have multiple ConextActionService mobile buttons; you must be doing something wrong; could we see your code and do you have any errors in the output

Sweet! My code is taken from a few different tutorials, plus solutions I’ve found on here.

Sit 1:

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
repeat wait() until player.Character.Humanoid
local humanoid = player.Character.Humanoid
local sitting = false
local running = false

local anim = Instance.new("Animation")
anim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://6243668915"

local playAnim = humanoid:LoadAnimation(anim)

function onKeyPress(actionName, userInputState, inputObject)
	if userInputState == Enum.UserInputState.Begin and sitting == false and running == false then
		script.Parent.Chairsit.Disabled = true
		playAnim:Play()
		humanoid.WalkSpeed = 0
		humanoid.JumpPower = 0
		sitting = true
		running = true
		humanoid.CameraOffset = Vector3.new(0,0,0)
		wait()
		script.Parent.Sprint.Disabled = true
	elseif userInputState == Enum.UserInputState.Begin and sitting == true and running == true then
		wait(1)
		playAnim:Stop()
		humanoid.WalkSpeed = 10
		humanoid.JumpPower = 75
		sitting = false
		running = false
		script.Parent.Sprint.Disabled = false
		end
end

game.ContextActionService:BindAction("keyPressSpecialName", onKeyPress, true, Enum.KeyCode.R)
game.ContextActionService:SetPosition("keyPressSpecialName", UDim2.new(.5,0,-1,0))
game.ContextActionService:SetImage("keyPressSpecialName", "rbxassetid://6264154092")

Sit 2:

local anim = Instance.new("Animation")
anim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://6245918988"

local playAnim = humanoid:LoadAnimation(anim)

function onKeyPress(actionName, userInputState, inputObject)
	if  userInputState == Enum.UserInputState.Begin and sitting == false and running == false then
		script.Parent.Floorsit.Disabled = true
		playAnim:Play()
		humanoid.WalkSpeed = 0
		humanoid.JumpPower = 0
		sitting = true
		running = true
		wait()
		script.Parent.Sprint.Disabled = true and sitting == false
		elseif userInputState == Enum.UserInputState.Begin and sitting == true and running == true then
		script.Parent.Floorsit.Disabled = false
		playAnim:Stop()
		humanoid.WalkSpeed = 10
		humanoid.JumpPower = 75
		sitting = false
		running = false
		script.Parent.Sprint.Disabled = false
		end
end

game.ContextActionService:BindAction("keyPressSpecialName", onKeyPress, true, Enum.KeyCode.T)
game.ContextActionService:SetPosition("keyPressSpecialName", UDim2.new(.5,0,-.5,0))
game.ContextActionService:SetImage("keyPressSpecialName", "rbxassetid://6264143607")

Edit: There aren’t any errors, and both emotes work at least once.

1 Like

OH!

The last lines of code that say “keyPressSpecialName” need to be changed to something else. I feel silly now. Thanks for trying!