Can I have my game on xbox if I disable blood forcibly when played on xbox?

My game, Left 2 Die, is by no means ready to be put onto Xbox as I’m still in the process of completely rewriting the game. But something I’ve thought of for quite a while is the possibility of releasing it on Xbox despite the blood and gore present in the game via disabling blood and gore when played on Xbox because all of that is client sided. I’ve been told by a friend that TOS says you aren’t allowed to do this sort of thing, though it may have changed since the last time he read it. To me this solution sounds like a perfectly reasonable approach, and doesn’t sound like it would break any part TOS. I just want to make sure whether or not I’m allowed to do this so I don’t get my hopes up for the future.

3 Likes

As long as blood doesn’t show on the xbox player’s side, its perfectly fine to filter it depending on what device the player is on (pc has blood, xbox doesn’t, etc)

2 Likes

Interesting. So basically you want the game to detect the player’s platform and enable/disable features independently based on every person!? That’s pretty good!

1 Like

Well yeah, it’s quite possible.

1 Like

I’m a noob to LUA, but dang, sounds like it’s not too hard. Roblox is so much about optimization, it seems literally anything is possible, and it just makes me super grateful for this platform all together. I hope you get to publish the way you intend.

1 Like

It isn’t. You just use UserInputService.GamepadEnabled to see if they’re on Xbox, and then destroy blood if it equals true.

1 Like

That doesn’t always work. Personally due to my hands aching very often I have to use controller to play certain Roblox games on the PC. You’d be forcing PC users to have a limited experience with this method. There should be a different method of detecting devices.

1 Like

IsTenFootInterface is the only way to detect if a player is on console

7 Likes

Yes, that should be ok as long as there is no setting to turn it back on

1 Like