Can I use a school ID for voice chat?

Since roblox support has added this stupid new robot check thing that literally nobody can answer, I can’t ask a question to them, so could you help me?

Am I able to use a school ID for voice chat? I don’t have any other identification.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this is true cause I haven’t verified myself. However, I think (at least in the US) that student IDs are not valid for verification.

The verification page mentions that it has to be issued by the government and I’m not really sure if student IDs would count as government issued ids.

Student IDs are usually issued by well, schools.

Also, you should already have VC if your account has your age over 13 because I have it and I haven’t verified my account with an id.

8 Likes

I believe Roblox only accepts government issues IDs. Plus school IDs typically don’t have information that a regular government IDs do

4 Likes

Short answer: No.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

4 Likes

Why do I not have it? I’m over 13

3 Likes

Some people do not have a School ID, even if they are over 13+ and still, Roblox does not permit a School ID as it may not be accessed as the information is not as others to authorize for Voice Chat. However, when I tried to verify, I didn’t see the option to use a School ID and some people don’t have it.

3 Likes

I believe some government issued ID card should be given to you once you are at the edge of 14. Why not use a birth certificate? Why a school ID?

2 Likes

Good question, no because school ID is different then a regular government issued ID. School ID is basically student information but government issued ID is like birth certificate I think

3 Likes

Well I suppose I just didn’t end up getting it. I’ve been waiting for months.
I’ll work it out eventually, thanks.

3 Likes

Maybe, but you don’t need to do that to get voice chat here in the US.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/non-id-voice-chat-accessibility/1993037

Usually, public schools are run by the Government, so it should be valid-ish.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.