Can i use any model from toolbox?

Are or public models in toolbox free for use, or are some copyrighted and/or stolen, and how to identify?
For example i found an “Evil Bee” model in the toolbox, which i believe is a pet in bee swarm simulator. I want to make it an enemy NPC in my game. Am i free to do this, or will it result in moderation?

You’re liable for whatever you put in your game and there’s frequent stories about users being moderated/banned for stolen assets that were distributed on toolbox. I’d stick to only verified creator content to be safe.

2 Likes

You cant get yourself one of these anit virus plugins, of course a trusted one. For example “Ro-Defender”.

Here’s the link if your interested: Ro-Defender™ Plugin v8.7 - Roblox

This won’t help him if he gets a copyright takedown.

The unfortunate answer is that there is no way to know other than by sticking to the very few models tagged by roblox.

I dont think you can get banned for using models that were put on toolbox. However,

1. If you use that model and publish it in your name, meaning youre stealing it, I think it is risky.

2. I know many games that use free models and they are still alive( and their creators arent banned.)

3. If people cant use models, then there is no point having toolbox as a feature in studio.

To conclude,

You can use free models, but , please consider few things :

-Do some changes to the model.
-Dont publish the original model in your name.
-As long as you’ve used it as an inspiration and changed it/edited it, you should be fine.

But if you want to feel 100% safe, then follow what @MP3Face and others above said. It is always better to lay on verified creators when using free models ; rather than scammers / people who want to trap you in / get you banned.

2 Likes