Can I use copyright songs in my games?

Hello, I have planes for doing some kind of music-type experience, and most of music made by roblox is just boring.
I wanna use songs, music from Internet, I know I can easily upload them for my game, but I wanna know if its allowed, is something bad gonna happen if experience made full of copyright music?

you can use copyright music but uncopyright would not be legal to be used as it can lead to issues and the owner can call you out

Well, hate to be that guy, but yes, violating copyright is illegal and may lead to your experience getting taken down, and risk your account on being banned, or in worse cases where you violate it to an extreme level, be held liable in civil court.

This is a lot more noticable now on Roblox then ever before since they had went public and now crack down pretty hard on any audios that may be stolen.

You’re recommended to hire a music composer or use uncopyrighted material for your games if you are planning on adding music. You can even find some on YouTube if you feel that Roblox’s selection isn’t your taste.

I’d also recommend for you to do some research on the DMCA Act to understand copyright law more so you don’t accidentally get punishment on your account.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.