Can I use random letters and numbers?

I made a system that gives a license plate when summoning a vehicle. However, I wonder if it will violate Roblox rules because it uses random letters and numbers without filtering.

image image

1 Like

This article says that randomly generated words need to be filtered, so Iā€™d assume it would probably apply to numbers as well. Not 100% sure on this, though.

2 Likes

Why donā€™t you randomly generate 100 or so and then manually review them and store them in a table?

1 Like

Just run FilterStringAsync and if itā€™s censored, just make another plate.

3 Likes

What censored numbers are there?
Why use letters at all>?
In like real number plates, the letters arent random they represent the country and the year of production, only the numbers need to be randomized. the letters want to be picked from a list of country codes?

2 Likes

It is a license plate in Korea, and the purpose is different depending on the number plate letter. The color of the license plate also has a meaning.

well under no circumstance will you need to filter korean numberplates, cos the words arent random at allā€¦They will be chosen from a list depending on the type of vehicleā€¦
first you have a designation number - this can only - 01-99 so no need to filterā€¦

• 01-69: [passenger cars]
  • 70-79: [vans]
  • 80-97: "[freight]
  • 98-99: ā€œspecialized vehiclesā€

then theres the words- this will be once again chosen from a list based on the type of vehicle- so no need to filterā€¦

• [Diplomat] (ģ™øźµ)
  • [Construction] (ģƒķ’ˆ)
  • National ā€œcountryā€ (źµ­)
  • South Korean military: ā€œarmyā€ (ģœ”)

Then all you need is 4 random numbersā€¦ you will generate these randomly but theres no chance of acidentally making somthing filter worthy hereā€¦So it is impossible for you to create anything obscene by random chanceā€¦

You def dont need to filter the colours either:

Private cars, government cars - green with white; or white with black (some cities)
Taxis, cars for hire - yellow with blue
Construction vehicles - orange/red with white
Diplomat's cars - blue with white
3 Likes

Amazing, thank you for organizing it so well. @PotatoVampire7797

1 Like