Can I use the Bloxy Awards 2019 Map in my game?

Hello.

My games have been copyright striked and deleted for stuff I added from the toolbox so I’m making this thread to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

So I feel like the 2019 Bloxy Awards map is a good map for my game , considering it’s an hangout. I was able to find the map in the toolbox , the only problem is that they’re stolen , considering these assets were made by ROBLOX, am I still allowed to use them?

1 Like

If it’s stolen then why would you be able to use it? Can you drive a stolen vehicle because the thief gave you access to it?

2 Likes

Well , these models aren’t deleted either , so it makes me feel like I can use them.

So as long as the key turns on the vehicle, and the thief gave it to you… you feel like you can drive it?

3 Likes

Well , still. I have seen many games doing this and not getting deleted (maybe bc they have 0 players)

And now because you saw someone else accept a stolen vehicle, you feel like you should also be able to get away with it?

1 Like

Listen I’m not trying to be rude. However, you have a responsibility to make sure your project and your team are not using assets you don’t have permission to. Therefore you need to double-check anything you use in the library and make sure it doesn’t compromise your game or your players. As well as that the creator who uploaded it has the proper permission to use it.

No one can tell you what you can and can’t do with your creation. However, the consequences are on you.

4 Likes

Firstly check to see if the bloxy 2019 map is uncopylocked. If not, check the builders and see if they have the model for free up (as in the builders of the bloxy map).

If not, don’t use it. You can see if someone made a Replica or you can make your own version. If you know it is 100% stolen you should also report it.

2 Likes

I honestly think roblox should have a built-in system for models in general , like if a model was in the toolbox and a guy adds it without knowing where it is from it might get his game deleted unfairly

1 Like

like if you type “Criminality” in the toolbox you’re gonna find so many stolen models , and the owner of the game is known to be a greedy person , shutting down every game that has a line of code or a brick taken off their game

the owner of the game is known to be a greedy person , shutting down every game that has a line of code or a brick taken off their game

Not sure what you mean here, defending your legal assets against thieves isn’t an act of greed.

I have seen many games doing this and not getting deleted (maybe bc they have 0 players)

Looks like you answered it yourself, there’s no automation to this so they’re undetected until someone notices. Not a good thing to join in on though.

U can use those free models as they have passed moderation but be careful of virus.

well , as I said my games have been getting deleted for using toolbox models

sometimes those who take the assets from his game can make a better version of it , that-s an act of greed. A warning would be better rather than a game deletion

If someone’s capable of making a better solution/product they shouldn’t need to use stolen assets to get there. Same idea that a remix of a song isn’t a truly new, unique song, but the remixer is making it sound how they think is better.