Can I use the word "Discord" in my game

You’re still mentioning Discord, which the point is to not, and this could encourage kids to make a 13+ account which is bad.

3 Likes

Would be off site advertising.

2 Likes

But social links do exactly that?

1 Like

Right, however Roblox only shows them to 13+ users. <13 doesn’t see it.

2 Likes

Oh I didnt know that, thank you!

2 Likes

So groups with 100k members are still up they do that, I am confused on what Is going on.

1 Like

People aren’t reporting! That is why. Roblox doesn’t police content.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure if a group with 100k+ members or 10k+ members plus there would be random reports.

1 Like

But still, why exactly does that justify anything if it says not to do it in the ToS?

1 Like

Nothing, I’m replying to peoples replies on this post.

1 Like

The thing is that users Under 13 cannot even see the Social Links options. If your account is Above 13, you can see Social Links & join Social Media type websites. Unfortunately, roblox censors Discord & doesn’t allow it to be said because Discord requires users to be 13 or above that in order to be in their website & it isn’t really for kids lower then that. Discord is not a child’s website to be in.

2 Likes

You can’t post Discord or another links that requires a minimum age of 13+. You can insert a link for a group or clothes in Roblox in your game, but you can’t post a link to YouTube channel or a Discord server invite, inicially for the <13 players security.

1 Like

YouTube links and channel names are allowed, they are whitelisted and okay to be linked on the platform. Discord isn’t. Discord, outside of the Social Media tab, is blanket banned on Roblox. Can’t mention it anywhere directly or indirectly, nor use whitelisted links to bypass a link to a Discord location.

3 Likes

What it I were to check if the Player was able to see links via PolicyService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

Of course, since this is a request, if it failed the default would assume they cant see it and not show it.

1 Like

Well the answer is no, but I still cant understand why the word Twitter, facebook etc… allowed. They are all 12±13+ platforms.

1 Like

Because Discord requires you to sign up to view things on their platform where as twitter, facebook etc. do not.

1 Like

Those platforms aren’t 12+ due to the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act. They are 13+ everywhere.

1 Like

What about as in through in-game chat messages? Example like Pet Simulator X has it,
having discord in their automatic chat message.

You can’t use that either, it is only allowed in your games social links.

Yes I’m well aware that games bypass this but they are breaking TOS.

I am thinking. Are there anyways to only let 13+ users in your game?

Or maybe only let 13+ users see text?

IIRC there was method which you can call to get the players age group. Has anyone every done that before?