Can I use the word "Discord" in my game

Hello this is probably a stupid question, but I would like to know would I get a warning or a ban if I use a tagged word, what I want to do is add “What is your discord username?” but discord is tagged so I feel like Roblox wouldn’t like me bypassing it do you know what I should do?

4 Likes

Nope. And you shouldn’t use any bypasses as it is against ToS.

2 Likes

Obviously not. We don’t want players <13 on discord. Just say to check the social links.

3 Likes

I’m not bypassing it, I’m asking if I could use the word “Discord” I am saying I feel like it would be bypassing.

1 Like

Alright thank you for telling me this!

1 Like

You cannot since it is a word that Roblox does not want users to mention.

2 Likes

You can do this in your Game Settings.

1 Like

Sadly you can’t since it’s censored.

To me this rule makes absolutely no sense considering you can link Discord to groups, but that’s a topic for an entirely different discussion.

EDIT: I won’t be continuing a discussion on the latter part of this post in relation to the replies I’ve gotten since the discussion risks drifting off-topic.

2 Likes

Thank you for you reply, I am reading all of the reply’s on this post I have found a way to fix it.

1 Like

The social links, including Discord are only shown to 13+ players as far as I’m aware, it’s entirely different in a game where everyone can see it.

2 Likes

You could leave the discord code in the description is what I found useful.

1 Like

This is actually breaking ToS but here’s a solution, you can use bots, or verify bots with roblox. All you need is just a verify bot with roblox verification such as RoVer, Bloxlink, etc.

2 Likes

I am using bots for verification, thank you for telling me.

1 Like

That is because only 13+ users can see the links.

1 Like

Well I’m not so sure about that. It could count as a bypass, since it’s still connected to Discord in a way.

I’m really not sure, I was only mentioning the direct links below

1 Like

Not really, I have seen a lot of groups doing this and if it was a bypass they would be banned.

1 Like

Roblox moderation is… not the best. There’s games with 18+ content not banned so… does that justify it?

1 Like

You can’t use another person’s wrongdoings to justify yours being right. Report those games. Discord is not allowed outside of where Roblox allows you to mention it, the only place being using social links. Don’t try circumventing that, don’t do it at all. Just put the invite link in the social links.

5 Likes

The simple answer is no, as other’s have already said. This is to prevent users under the required age of 13 from using platforms like that. They filtered it for that reason. The only way Roblox really lets us use Discord on the platform is via social links. These can be seen by anyone who is over the age of 13.

But by trying to say the word Discord in game it does classify as bypass. I hope this clarifies.

5 Likes

As a side question to this, if the text about Discord has (13+) in it, is it allowed?

My game has “Join the Discord server for game updates (13+)”
Is that not allowed either?

2 Likes