Can I use these assets if they were from these specific scenarios?

I already know basic things about the ability to use assets (if you uploaded it you can use it. If it’s a free item you can use it, if it’s not on sale and not owned by you, you can’t use it) but there’s some things I’m not sure about. Specifically;

• If an asset off-sale was found through a free model, (like as a tool icon) is it usable?
  • if the asset came from an uncopylocked game and it is normally not viewable, is it usable?
  • is any asset owned by the ROBLOX account fully usable, regardless of publicity?
  1. If the asset was taken offsale, it probably isn’t a good idea to use it.

2. If it came from an uncopylocked place, it MIGHT be usable.

3. If it’s onsale, you can use it.

However, be aware of where you are getting your assets from, as a lot of them could of been stolen.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use offsale assets unless you have permission from the creator. I believe all assets from the ROBLOX account are safe to be used. It also is just good practice to create your own assets or hire someone to make them custom for your game instead of having to fear any possible issues regarding asset use.

2 Likes

I’d say this depends on the context. Is there something there to believe that it was intended to be distributed freely, and that the owner simply didn’t mark it as available in the catalog? One example would be getting a model by ThisIsAnExampleUser719. If the icon is off sale, but is also made by ThisIsAnExampleUser719, it’s safe to say they intended to distribute it, but if it was made by WhoWouldUseTheseFakeUsernames24, that’s where things get trickier.

I’d imagine so if they’re distributing it. Not exactly sure what you mean by “not viewable” though.

Not quite! While most items are generally accepted as usable throughout Roblox, there is one major exception. Any sponsored items that Roblox has released should not be used in your game. No Harry Potter books, no SpongeBob, no Pac-Man. Even if Roblox made these assets, they were only released to be used as items on the platform, not as assets for our games.

4 Likes