Can my datastore overflow and fail?

(does this go in game design support, or scripting support?)

So i cant find much about this question (searched dev forum and google)
(i saw this Best of way of managing datastore overflows but they are talking about like millions of data, which i am not, and never will)

Can my datastore that uses ProfileService possibly overflow if theres too much players with a lot of data? (all im saving is tables with strings, short strings by themself, and numbers

I used basic UpdateAsync() for one of my older games, and it would sometimes fail.

But now im using ProfileService, And its been going very well, Works amazing! but can it overflow?

Lets say there are like 10K players (wont ever happen if its a game made by me) and they all have like 1M coins, and like 100 emotes (table with 100 strings), Could it possibly mess up?

If so, Then how could i fix it?

If not, Then hooray!

(Apologies if theres a simple solution to this)

This post is probably better suited to #help-and-feedback:scripting-support , but I’ll try to answer it here anyway

It is possible for a single datastore key to be overloaded, but it has a pretty large capacity of 4MB, or about 4 million characters.

Profile service (as well as pretty much every data store module) saves data per player, instead of it being in 1 single data key, so you can store 4MB of data per player.

TL;DR: You won’t encounter any issues!

1 Like

Like letters? or something else?

Yep, Probably wont ever meet that amount.

Letters, Symbols, Numbers*, pretty much any single spaced thing.

*(Numbers refers to the digits, so 0123456789. Numbers with more than 1 digit would take additional space)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.