Can server sided scripts be viewed by exploiters?

Can exploiters view server-sided scripts located in the ServerScriptService? I am working on an anti-exploit for my game and would like to know if I should try to hide the script from the client.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I think they cannot because its in the serverscriptservice

3 Likes

Sorry about the typo in the name!! :smile:

Edit: I fixed it.

Exploiters have something called dex explorer to check our explorer. Dex explorer cannot access the server therefore they cannot read your code. To check this out play your game and check explorer in studio. Play it in studio do not run it.

But can’t they save copies of the game with Dex?

They can save copies but they cannot get the server. Yes I am ashamed I used to exploit but I did get punished.

2 Likes

This is something confirmed.

Exploiters can see scripts in the Workspace but if they aren’t LocalScripts, then they can 't see their contents or anything. Server scripts don’t have their bytecode (what’s necessary to interpret and run the code) sent to the client, so likewise they can 't access any of it’s content.

4 Likes

Adding on to what @SimpForLua said, exploiters can see and edit anything the client can see (changes made on the client won’t replicate to the server because of FilteringEnabled). When handling requests from the client, do sanity checks and make sure they’re valid.

1 Like

Worth asking still: please search before posting in the future. There are a couple of threads on the DevForum of the same nature you could’ve looked up that discuss this and have answers.

https://devforum.roblox.com/search?context=topic&context_id=877039&q=exploiter%20server%20script&skip_context=true

4 Likes

Not sure how no threads are showing up for you.

In any case, the link’s intention is to perform a search on the DevForum for the query “exploiter server script”, which reveals many discussions on threads at lengths about exploiters and the ability to access server scripts (they can’t). If you searched first, you could’ve found an answer from one of those threads without having to create one of your own for something that’s already been answered many times.

3 Likes