Can someone explain how the badge system works?

My mini story:

I was looking through my badges thinking wow I’ve got a fair amount, reminiscing back to when I only had 3 or 4. And then I was looking towards badges I don’t have to see what I was missing, so I look and I see the following:

• I don’t have the one for 25 likes to a topic, (next stage up)
  • I don’t have the one for 25 likes to a reply, (next stage up)

So naturally I check my profile and I see this:

So to me now its like, what the-?

So what actually qualifies for a badge then…

1 Like

Badges are not earned in private categories. The first reply is from a topic in Discussion, which is a private category.

The first topic doesn’t necessarily have 41 likes. For topics, Discourse shows the total likes in the topic, i.e it includes likes from the replies as well.

1 Like

You have the 25 like topic badge.
I̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶m̶e̶d̶i̶a̶t̶e̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶"̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶i̶c̶"̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶
It does pop up for others. This is not the issue, as it has been a while since the badge was received.

This is what happened to your 25 likes on a reply badge. That’s what qualifies for a badge.
Post in a public category.

Yeah, the topic one confuses me as its been a long time since I hit 25+ on it.

It shows up for me. It’s a you problem; It’s a local issue. Try clearing your cookies.

I see exactly what @Macawmangrovve12 sees. Can you show a screenshot of your badges if this is persisting till now?

That is mad, was just occurring on my PC.

Just went and amended it, it seems.

Weird :man_shrugging:t3: