Can’t join 100 groups without Premium on account

According to this document (among others), Roblox users should be able to join 100 groups without having Premium on their account:

However, I am only in 7 groups myself, and whenever I try to join any more, the message on the group reads: “You have reached the maximum amount of groups”

This happens every time I try to join a group without having Premium.

The expected behavior is that players should be able to join 100 groups without having Premium, as most Roblox documentation seems to imply this should be the case.

omg thanks for 10k views im famous

42 Likes

Looking back at this post introducing premium, it looks like this is intended, it’s just the article that’s wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like this was silently changed recently (see below)

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure the documentation is incorrect. You need Premium to join up to 100 groups.

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for the report. We recently decided to remove this limit, and you should be able to join up to 100 groups without premium. Can you check again? It should be fixed now.

213 Likes

Maybe Premium members can have like 200, because Premium is being ruined slowly but surely.

29 Likes

FINALLY!!, this is what I need right now.
I love this update.

1 Like

Awesome update, (OOPS i just nearly bought premium just for this feature looks like you saved me £5!

7 Likes

This is an awesome change, but please keep in mind that this is still a bug report, and not an announcement!