Can we have deleting PMs back?

Yes. Instead of archiving 271 pages of PMs I let them sit in my inbox and only have three messages archived. That’s what you’re supposed to do, and it’s a hell of an easier job to do than deleting every one of those pages of messages. It’s not going to kill you to leave read messages in your inbox – it doesn’t affect you in any way. Unless you have a seriously good reason that’s not “it makes me feel better about myself”, then ROBLOX isn’t going to bother with a trash bin.

[quote] So say if two people are doing something shady like, I dunno setting up currency trading for real life money.

They could arrange it by PM, and if they’re 13+ they could just delete the messages as they go so there is no paper trail.

(Please don’t tell me they could just use Skype or something, Im just trying to get across a point). [/quote]

Haha! As if any site actually deletes things you want it to delete? I’ve never met a web developer who actually deletes database information like that. It simply hides it from queries.

The FBI doesn’t just pull deleted things from random places. Developers just aren’t legally stupid.[/quote]

What if your parents want to check your PMs to see your online interactions?

[quote] [quote=“Kevin” post=171017]So say if two people are doing something shady like, I dunno setting up currency trading for real life money.

They could arrange it by PM, and if they’re 13+ they could just delete the messages as they go so there is no paper trail.

(Please don’t tell me they could just use Skype or something, Im just trying to get across a point). [/quote]

Haha! As if any site actually deletes things you want it to delete? I’ve never met a web developer who actually deletes database information like that. It simply hides it from queries.

The FBI doesn’t just pull deleted things from random places. Developers just aren’t legally stupid.[/quote]

What if your parents want to check your PMs to see your online interactions?[/quote]

That’s why there’s the 13+ restriction on deleting PMs

My OCD clean freak-ness would kill me before I could even allow two pages in my inbox, and I doubt I’m the only one like that, and roblox makes features for organizing quite often, there’s a virtue in keeping your work place nice and neat, and the interface easy to use, and uncluttered.

2 Likes

[quote] [quote=“MrNicNac” post=171097][quote=“Kevin” post=171017]So say if two people are doing something shady like, I dunno setting up currency trading for real life money.

What if your parents want to check your PMs to see your online interactions?[/quote]

That’s why there’s the 13+ restriction on deleting PMs[/quote]

But you can’t delete PMs?

Plus 13 is too young.

There have been times where I received messages with content that either frustrated me or hurt me a little. I thaught myself to ignore and get rid of any of those messages instantly, because I get an uncomfortable feeling when I see such messages. However, on Roblox you can’t delete any messages. The only thing I can do is archive them. But what if I get a really important message? Do I archive it and let it end up in the list of messages I didn’t want to see ever again? No. But then I can’t archive that import message anymore.

I now have my messages set to friends only, but I liked it better when I got a message or two a day. If I were able to delete messages, I would also be able to just delete any unpleasant messages and allow more people to send me messages again.

way too late on this reply but can we please get this? majority of my messages are spam, trade, and people asking me to trade. I wouldn’t want to put those in my archive and don’t want to keep looking at them either. deleting messages would be useful for filtering out “GET 1000 ROBUX FOR FREE” type things.

sorry for bumping the thread (i was going to make a post but saw someone else already had)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to delete PM’s (messages) on Roblox. I can only archive them, however that doesn’t fulfill the purpose of deleting messages. For example, this can be annoying when you still have “free Robux” scam messages from the peak of scams (about in 2017) in your Archive and want to completely get rid of it. If you are a developer, you can also be flooded with feedback on your game and yet, there’s still no way to sort it by deleting the resolved ones. People can send what they want, and if I get an insult in my messages, I cannot get rid of it - it will still be bugging me in the Archive.
The solution is simple - just add a “Delete” button on messages with a confirmation screen asking if you really want to delete messages and saying that deleted messages cannot be recovered.

1 Like