Can we have deleting PMs back?

I really miss being able to delete my PMs, sending them to the ‘archive’ is a terrible solution, I can understand doing it for accounts that have parents, or are under age, but for me, it just ends up with my archive being a cluttered black hole, and basically a trash bin, with my normal inbox having to by my archive mixed in with my new PMs

I just want to be able to delete PMs that are completely useless to me T.T I die a little every time there’s a PM I want to save for the future, but don’t want it lost in the archive tab, and don’t need it saved enough to clutter up my inbox

5 Likes

So say if two people are doing something shady like, I dunno setting up currency trading for real life money.

They could arrange it by PM, and if they’re 13+ they could just delete the messages as they go so there is no paper trail.

(Please don’t tell me they could just use Skype or something, Im just trying to get across a point).

2 Likes

[quote] So say if two people are doing something shady like, I dunno setting up currency trading for real life money.

They could arrange it by PM, and if they’re 13+ they could just delete the messages as they go so there is no paper trail.

(Please don’t tell me they could just use Skype or something, Im just trying to get across a point). [/quote]

ROBLOX doesn’t need to drop the PM from their DB, they can just hide it from the end user.

2 Likes

It seems this could all be fixed with a “trash can” tab like archive, even if the PMs can never truly be deleted.

I don’t mess with my inbox much. Do archived messages still appear in your main inbox?

I can’t see a good reason to ever delete a message. You don’t know that you’ll never ever want to refer back to its contents.

1 Like

Ethan we’re discussing putting it in a “Deleted” tab, similar to “Archived” but we want Archived to be reserved for non-spam messages.

1 Like

What I’m gathering is that you have a weird way of sorting things…

Wouldn’t you keep important messages in your inbox and unimportant/spam ones in your archive tab? I don’t see the issue…

Another good idea might be to screenshot the messages you may need to refer to in the future and save them or bookmark them.

You can’t bookmark messages because it uses javascript

Screenshotting the messages doesn’t let you reply to them.

Archiving means possibly going back to it later. Keeping important messages in the Inbox will get buried beyond belief from general unimportant messages

We simply were able to hide PMs. Now we can’t. For no reason. That’s the issue here lol

1 Like

You can on the mobile site, for example http://m.roblox.com/messages?Id=824539214

I’m going to play a bit with the URL on the non mobile site to achieve the same.

[quote] You can on the mobile site, for example http://m.roblox.com/messages?Id=824539214

I’m going to play a bit with the URL on the non mobile site to achieve the same. [/quote]

Unexpected error with your request

Please try again after a few moments.

If you continue to receive this page, please contact customer service at info@roblox.com.

Anyways, i suggested a “favorite/bookmark” tab a long time ago, it got rejected by RBXDev members, that said “USE ARCHIVE” bleh i use archive to store everything i have read, i don’t want to keep “bookmarked/things i want to look at later” in my inbox eather, i like my inbox clean/empty.

[quote] So say if two people are doing something shady like, I dunno setting up currency trading for real life money.

(Please don’t tell me they could just use Skype or something, Im just trying to get across a point). [/quote]

Haha! As if any site actually deletes things you want it to delete? I’ve never met a web developer who actually deletes database information like that. It simply hides it from queries.

The FBI doesn’t just pull deleted things from random places. Developers just aren’t legally stupid.

1 Like

I like my inbox pretty empty, and I want an archive for messages I want to keep, and I want to be able to ‘delete’(even if it only hides them, and they are still in the database for paper trail reasons) messages that are utter spam that I will never need to look at again, I don’t think this setup has any negatives, and there’s no reason to not have a way to delete messages, I hate clutter, and there’s no feasible way for me to archive messages I want to keep for later, but don’t want to see every time I open my inbox.

Sure, I could modify roblox, or find some way to record the messages, but this is a simple feature, and would make my life all that much better. Also, previous to me realizing it, I have a few messages at the very bottom of my archive now, that I wanted to keep, and that’s why they were in my archive, but that I didn’t move to my inbox because I never thought I would have this many messages covering them, now, if I want to look at them, I have to go through hundreds of pages of spam that I wanted to delete in the first place

“To organize the important stuff I’m going to delete every single message I get if it’s not important”

or

“To organize the important stuff I’m just going to move the important stuff to a separate category”

Why in the world would you prefer the former? It’s just more work for you to do the same thing as #2.

Moving it to a trash bin doesn’t matter to me, because I’ll never have to look at it again, I just want some way to save stuff I wanna save, and get rid of stuff I don’t wanna save, and I want my inbox empty, or contain unread, or need to use messages only, because it’s an inbox, not an archive box

What’s the benefit of having your inbox empty

… my question still stands, why can’t you just put important things in your archive box? is it because it’s Archive and not Inbox?? are we that pedantic?

“Should I still store stuff in Lighting???”

I get several messages that have suspicious links

I report them of course, but I would rather be able to delete them so they are out of my way, instead of shoving them away for later in Archives

[quote] I get several messages that have suspicious links

I report them of course, but I would rather be able to delete them so they are out of my way, instead of shoving them away for later in Archives [/quote]

Don’t pay any attention to them in the first place. It’s not like you’re going to go back and read them later if you leave them in your inbox.

Is your guys’ inboxes full of hundreds of pages of spam, instead of having that all in your archive? Is that what you’re suggesting us to do?