Can we make an object, in the character visible when it is in the first person (like the tools)?

Hello, i have made a sword for characters, but its not a tool. And i like the first person view, but when the character go to first person, the sword is not visible. Can we make it easily visible? or should i use a tool?

Thanks !

(The sword’s parts are in a folder)

Um… Do you have specific reasons you don’t want to use tools?

The best option without having to complicate things is to use a tool, because from what I know if you want to have something visible in first person you will need to create a “fake” type of body part / tool and then CFrame it to it’s correct position, which can be difficult if you want to use different swords or any other tools.

1 Like

Yes because what bothers me in the tool is that when it is disabled it disappears, and there is this icon which is superimposed with mine. Can we fix this while keeping the tool?

You’re looking for a viewmodel, which is essentially, for instance, arms in first person mode. Although I think the solution lies here:

Importantly, the script is LocalScript, and most code execution is ran on RunService or similar events that fires rapidly.

1 Like