Can we make scripts safer?

So let’s say I’d like to sell my plugin and script package. But I don’t want users to have access to the scripts because they might mess it up.

For example, if it’s AMZ-SLS based and uses lot of HTTP, I wouldn’t want anyone to suddenly start sending me tons of requests for no reason.

What features can I use and if not can they be added in the future?

#help-and-feedback:game-design-support

You could just name it to something like “Do Not Alter”. If they’re going to buy your script, I would assume they are over 13 (as most developers are) and would therefore have matured to have decency and respect.

Also, wrong category.

1 Like

They will have a local copy of the plugin you wrote so they won’t mess up yours. Why are you so keen on hiding plugin code if not for malicious purposes? As for code in your game, exploiters can take everything not in ServerScriptService or ServerStorage as long as it is not a Script/it needs to be a modulescript/localscript.

As for HTTP requests, you can limit and give clearance to ones on your server you are connecting to.

Also this is #development-discussion , wrong category.

Thanks, guys for the category correction

1 Like

As for HTTP requests, you can limit and give clearance to ones on your server you are connecting to.

Could you elaborate more on that?

I’m talking about indecent behaviour by devs, they could alter the very thing that makes the whole system work because it’s based on counting(e.g change data, manually add numbers)