Can you access ServerScriptService from a local script?

can you access ServerScriptService from a local script?
I’m trying to access a module from a local script and the module is in ServerScriptService.
If not, where is the best place for the module to be so i can access it from both local and server scripts.

Put it in ReplicatedStorage. It’s called ServerScriptService because it’s for the server. ReplicatedStorage replicates to client and server.

7 Likes

Are server sided scripts able to access through them?

Yes, scripts in ReplicatedStorage can also be accessed by the server.

2 Likes

Would it not be more beneficial to directly use ReplicatedScriptService for holding client-necessary modules?

3 Likes

It is in fact, a thing, it was Added then removed and then added again, but there’s no read and write abilities to it,

1 Like

Oh my! Oh my oh my! Oh my oh my oh my. That is awesome. I will definitely check that out, and for your question I would assume that is allows it to go on server or client just as the other Replicated groups so feel free to try it out.

I don’t understand how that would be more efficient than Replicated/ServerStorage, since modules hold functions and are meant to be required, then ran. Storing it in ReplicatedScriptService is no different from ReplicatedStorage.