Can you have a team not change the player's name colour?

Hello!

I’m trying to make a few teams that change the name colour of a specified person. If they have a gamepass, it should be yellow, owner should be blue, etc… I can do this, except for people that don’t have a gamepass, the name shouldn’t change colours.

I have a team called default, and I’m trying to set the colour to nil, however I get an error saying that BrickColor is expected, and got nil. I’ve also tried setting the player’s team to nil, which works, however when setting the player’s team colour, it’s the same error as before.

If above isn’t possible, I can make teams for each name colour, however is there a way to get the player’s name colour?

Any help?

Are you talking about the name color in the chat? The only way to edit that is to edit the chat’s modules. Mainly the ExtraDataAnalyzer.

2 Likes

Yeah. The name colour changes to the team’s colour as well if they’re on that team. It should basically be the default colour for everyone, except for the exceptions I mentioned in the original post.

I will take a look at that module though, and let you know. Thanks!

I mean you could always have a seperate name tag for exclusive users

1 Like

I have a custom nametag module, however it doesn’t allow the player’s name colour to be altered.

Basically it’s just for visual aesthetic to avoid colours clashing.

I wasn’t able to find anything on ExtraDataAnalyzer, could you send a link?

The chat modules are not there by default. Try playing the game in studio, and you should then see things inside the Chat in Explorer.

1 Like

Yeah, it isn’t there unfortunately.

Here’s what’s in ChatModules
Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.23.55 PM

Here’s what’s in ClientChatModules
Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.24.49 PM Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.25.15 PM Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.25.34 PM

Here’s what’s in Chat. I think the two bottom ones are something my friend put as we’re collaborating on this game.

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.26.09 PM Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.27.48 PM Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.28.05 PM

I also tried searching ExtraDataAnalyzer in the explorer to no avail.

Could it be ExtraDataInitializer?

Yes, my bad. I forgot it’s name.

1 Like

Alright, I think this is where I should be. Do I just edit it while testing and save when I leave to apply changes? Or is it more than that?

Copy all the children of Chat while you are playing, stop playing, and paste all the children back into Chat.

And that will override it, similar to placing a humanoid in StarterPlayer?

Yes, it will override it. This will allow you to edit chat modules.

1 Like