Can you make a cone without going out of roblox?

I really need a cone shape for my build but Roblox just doesn’t include it as a basic shape. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe some plugins I can use? I’ve tried CSG Primitive Plugin by [M0RGOTH] but it turned out like this:

3 Likes

You could always look in the mesh section of the library.

3 Likes

Hmm… I guess that’s true. Thanks.

I’ve managed to use the CSG Primitive Plugin to create a cone without the glitch above. The glitch above only occurs at various radiuses of cone. If you do manage to get a radius that works then it will become an actual cone without the glitch.

3 Likes

the glitch is caused by CSG V2, if you work with CSG V1 it doesn’t occur

I just downloaded blender and took the cone from there.

If you don’t want that hassle, do what @Spoopni said: Search the library.

1 Like

If CSG Primitives glitches your cone, just separate it, unnegate the negate parts, make them extend over the main part, negate them again and union everything :wink:

P.S.
IIRC the negate parts are wedges, so it may seem hard to scale them up yet keeping the cone properties intact. But if I think about this correctly you can just “Ctrl + Shift” resize them, and it should keep the “cutting face/normal” in the same place.

@M0RGOTH It looks like CSGv2 does not play nice with your plugin. You will need to make sure the negative parts extend past (and not just up to) the edge of the part due to subtle floating point inaccuracies.

1 Like

Dang, I made that a long time ago now :open_mouth:… and I’ve been (mostly) inactive on ROBLOX for the past few years :frowning:

I would honestly love to fix this and do a whole lot more with that plugin (I think making plugins was my favourite thing on ROBLOX and I believe we can now use studio windows in plugins which takes things to a whole new level) but I don’t think I’ll ever find the time unfortunately.

If anyone is interested I could post the source somewhere for someone else to fix it, and either upload it as a new plugin or send it back to me to update the existing one (with attribution of course).

Best mesh kit

1 Like