Can you make a game without any scripting

Let me explain like this. Everything that you want to happen automatically in the game need to be scripting. Like a door tween, kill block etc. If you’re a beginner to scripting I highly recommend to try to learn scripting. You can also use pre made scripts by Roblox in the free templates when creating a game on Roblox Studio. There are a few exceptions and that is things like hinges for instance. With Roblox physics system they can make cool effects.

1 Like

A obby, some type of hangout and more, will probably takes no scripting. But you can always take some Free models so u don’t script it yourself.

It is possible, but unless you are a builder or UIDesigner (and not specialized in scripting) I would recommend to learn scripting. Without scripting, you can save a lot of time, definitely, and it is also easier, but the quality is much affected. A complex game (Arsenal, RoyalHigh, Piggy, etc.) uses many scripts. So if this game is simple, then not much scripting is needed, but if the game is complex, then the scripting is not needed, from my perspective.

100% agree with you there. Scripting helps make a game better

1 Like

You do not need scripting in all your games, I myself do not script. I don’t truly understand it. You can create a lobby, obbies, city, etc. Though most games usually use scripts.

1 Like

I beg to differ, a lot of them include rain and sometimes donate UIs. They may also use a script/plugin similar to Realism Mod to aid with making their game more realistic.

1 Like

I mean… Yes you can but it definitely wouldn’t be very good. Even simple obbys use scripts for checkpoints and kill parts.

2 Likes

Most of those are Extras however, yes they may use plugins but were mostly talking about the scripting parts.

1 Like

Plugins are mainly scripts. Rain plugins do drop scripts, and so do many others.

1 Like

Is there a plugin that auto scripts cars?

I changed it thanks for telling me mate.

Most things including rain, can be done without scripts, plugins just help in the process of making it easier, it doesn’t mean its the only way in doing so. @Gyghioa.

However of course, scripting will defintley add to the experience of gameplay and without it, it may just seem boring. Though it can differ :man_shrugging:.

Technically though whenever you make a new baseplate, you always have scripts so its impossible to not have scripts for gameplay-

Yes. First time i made my first parkour-obby without scripts, and my place was not bad, for friends :slight_smile: So it’s possible

I don’t see how rain could be added without a script. Also, don’t @ me. That’s what replying is for.

I don’t think so, that would not be your own scripting work. Someone might make it, you should have a look.

I don’t think so. But if you make a “Racing” template, it has some pretty good cars in it, already scripted. You can just copy the car model into you game.

@Gyghioa

Insert a part, insert a particle emitter, grab a random rain decal from the toolbox > images, copy id, slap it into particle emitter, change emission to 1 and lightinfluence to 0, transparency can be whatever you want, change rate if needed, change acceleration if needed, make speed pretty fast, and adjust part emitter as you need.

Boom bam done you done it all without an annoying plugin that makes a preset that looks like every single other game- (not hatin, just sayin, just took 3 minutes to do)

It might just be me not having a good program to record a gif or just my computer- probably my computer lul.

Tilt the part if you want rotation as well and some other bools you can enable :man_shrugging:

Yes, you can create an experience without having any scripts. It’s called a building showcase.

While possible, should be avoided where possible.

4 Likes

You can make obbies or showcases and things like that, but what a game needs is scripting, without scripting your basically making a showcase.

Please follow the guidelines when posting: About the Game Design Support category