Can you make a texture bigger that 2048x2048 studs?

I’ve looked everywhere on devforum and couldn’t find anything related to this.

As i’m trying to make a terrain map, ive drawn 1 in paint (so it’s easier for me to work) and uploaded it to Roblox. I want the map to be double the size of 2048 studs, but that would mean duplicating the decal on 4 seperate parts, which wont be 1:1 size. Does anyone know how to make it like this? If yes, please, let me know!

Pretty sure this belongs in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support, because this issue is specific to you.

4 Likes

I don’t understand this. How duplicating on 4 separate parts changes 1:1 size?

If you want to overcome a limit, you must upload into separate decals and join them later.

1 Like

Lmao how didn’t i think of this? Thank you

His concern isn’t the resolution. His concern is that he wants a map bigger than 2048x2048 studs, but a baseplate’s max size is just that.

Like @FieryEvent said, just cut your decal into multiple parts, and use a bit of math to sort it out.

The following map is 8192x6144 studs.
This is done through it being 4x3 baseplates at max size (2048x2048)

How I achieved this, was by taking the original photo of my map, and cutting the decal up into square chunks. For easy math, let’s say the original map picture was 4000x3000 pixels of resolution. This means each square I’d cut out should be 1000x1000 pixels to keep a 1:1 scale between my length and width.

3 Likes

Oh I glanced over the thread in a hurry so I totally misread that. Yeah nvm me.

1 Like