Can you rotate a beam?

I’m playing around with the beam for my place and I’ve noticed that if the beam is going from left to right / right to left, the image is sideways and never facing the right way. I cant seem to find a “rotate” option in properties but I’ve seen places using the beam where the images go from left to right and the image is the right way.

Is there a way to rotate a beam that I don’t know of or do I need to re-upload my decals facing sideways to make them face the right way in the beam?

Example of what I mean:image

3 Likes

For trails/beams the start is the “top” and the end is the “bottom”, so if you want words or something like that to appear along the length of them they’ll have to be uploaded sideways.

4 Likes

Currently, you can’t rotate the textures of beam objects. You’re going to have to Rotate that in something like Paint.NET or GIMP.

Feel free to suggest that in #platform-feedback:studio-features though!
Contact a Top Contributor if you want help on how to make one :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Alrighty, thanks for the help

A feature suggestion like this would go in #platform-feedback:client-features, since it effects the Roblox client.