Can you sell roblox games for robux?

Hello!

I have been always wanting to know if you can sell roblox games? I have been trying to find the answer myself but I get mixed answers. Some say “Yes you can” but other “No you cannot”. So I decided to make a post to ask about it. And if it is allowed then how do you find the people?

5 Likes

There’s companies buying games for money now such as Voldex, so I suppose yes?

Whether its a good thing is a discussion for another time.

2 Likes

Yes you can, a lot of developers already sold their game to other developers team or big companies in the past, and as you can see on this recent post: PSA: Reports of Acquisition Scams which is a prevention about a recent scam of fake game buying offer, Roblox never said it isn’t allowed to sell your game, it’s just that they’re not responsible if you get scammed.

1 Like

You can sell the game project. Certain screenshots exist of old Community Standards that prohibited game sales. The standards have since changed to permit it. There’s actually an exception in the Community Standards that allows the sale of a game with a verifiable agreement. It also doesn’t restrict the currency of those sales to only Robux.

Roblox maintains the Robux system for everyone’s benefit and enjoyment. To keep it fair for everyone, some activity in the Roblox Economy is prohibited, including:

• Engaging in off-platform, secondary market transactions for account access or virtual content from experiences or Marketplace. This does not apply to account holders selling or transferring the rights to the account’s creations as part of a verifiable agreement.

I believe most online gatherings for Roblox developers have people who express intent to or are inclined to conduct deals pertaining to game development, like purchasing a game. @Crygen54 helpfully mentioned that recent PSA about the sale of games. Selling any digital goods hoists the reliability of a purchase on digital measures or a promise of honesty that can be manipulated by a scammer. All parties involved should be aware of the risks.

2 Likes