Can you stop roblox from doing this?

Hello. I am using TweenService to create a swing theme park ride.

I am having an issue where I set a tween to tween the angle of the ride arm/swinging part to 110 degrees. Then it will go to -110 degrees/swing the other side at the same height. The ride goes over the top as that is the quickest path to the angle. Is they anyway I can stop this?

(I am not sure if you would need to code so please tell me if you do!)

You can subtract the degrees by -110 instead of setting it to -110.

Hey thanks for your reply
How would I do this?

I have never really tried anything this much with TweenService before I have only done a couple of things with it in the past so I am not to sure how to subtract degrees.

Can you show me the full script that you have?

You can do something like this:

local Swing = workspace.Swing

Swing.CFrame = CFrame.new(Swing.CFrame.Position) * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(Swing.Orientation.X - 110), 0, 0)

(this will probably not work for you im just showing you an example)

Here it is:

local button = script.Parent.Button.ClickDetector

local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")

local swingingPart = script.Parent.SwingingPart

local swing1TweenPoint = {CFrame = swingingPart.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(15), 0, 0)}
local swing2TweenPoint = {CFrame = swingingPart.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(-25), 0, 0)}
local swing3TweenPoint = {CFrame = swingingPart.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(50), 0, 0)}
local swing4TweenPoint = {CFrame = swingingPart.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(-70), 0, 0)}
local swing5TweenPoint = {CFrame = swingingPart.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(110), 0, 0)}
local swing6TweenPoint = {CFrame = swingingPart.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(-110), 0, 0)}

local swing1TweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
	Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,
	Enum.EasingDirection.InOut,
)
local swing1Tween = TweenService:Create(swingingPart, swing1TweenInfo, swing1TweenPoint)
local swing2TweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
	Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,
)
local swing2Tween = TweenService:Create(swingingPart, swing2TweenInfo, swing2TweenPoint)
local swing3TweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
	Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,
)
local swing3Tween = TweenService:Create(swingingPart, swing3TweenInfo, swing3TweenPoint)
local swing4TweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
	Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,
)
local swing4Tween = TweenService:Create(swingingPart, swing4TweenInfo, swing4TweenPoint)
local swing5TweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
	Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,
	false
)
local swing5Tween = TweenService:Create(swingingPart, swing5TweenInfo, swing5TweenPoint)
local swing6TweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
	Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,
)
local swing6Tween = TweenService:Create(swingingPart, swing6TweenInfo, swing6TweenPoint)

local function cycle()
	print("Swinging ride system starting: Using Tween")
	wait(1)
	swing1Tween:Play()
	swing1Tween.Completed:Connect(function()swing2Tween:Play() end)
	swing2Tween.Completed:Connect(function()swing3Tween:Play() end)
	swing3Tween.Completed:Connect(function()swing4Tween:Play() end)
	swing4Tween.Completed:Connect(function()swing5Tween:Play() end)
	swing5Tween.Completed:Connect(function()swing6Tween:Play() end)
end

button.MouseClick:Connect(function()
	wait(1)
	cycle()
end)

you could have another tween that makes it go back to the starting position and then tween it to your final point to make a “swing” motion

1 Like

I have tried to make that. It looks really janky as it stops at the bottom then goes back up.

If i make it a EasingStyle linear to make a smooth swing it is very janky and just stops at 110 degrees.

Sorted the problem!
Thank you everyone who helped me.

I added another Tween after one and changed the previous Tween’s EasingStyle to In and changed the new Tween’s EasingStyle to Out. I also divided the time by 2 so the correct speed could continue over the 2 tweens!

Thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.