Lumin Framework - A Lightning Fast & Amazing Game Framework

We have released update 3.3.4, with new and improved types. Make sure to update your plugins! @commitblue

1 Like

Looks really interesting. How exactly does this compare to the more traditional frameworks such as knit or flamework?

I don’t really use typescript that much, but as I stated previously I thought that Knit was too hard to learn and many others can agree. The setup process is too complex and at the moment it looks like the libraries don’t come with the biggest performance benefits. I wouldn’t say it’s even better at all, it’s just simpler to use and more robust in my opinion.

It’s really my idea of the perfect game framework, with internal API’s for most valid use cases.

1 Like

I am currently fixing any bugs with the framework, please tell me if you have experienced any recently and I will fix them.

Hi all,

I am currently seeking feedback from users as well as people who look at it at a first glance. I would like to now your opinions on the framework as a whole and what I could improve on or add.

1 Like

You could potentially implement Suphi’s Datastore Module instead of profile service.

I’ll consider it

I appreciate the work you have put into this, although I think it is still not very beginner-friendly. I think you should record a YouTube building a very simple game which shows off the elements of Canary and explains how it works. Much like Knit did. Just my 2c, I think you have done a great job.

1 Like

So is this resource an engine or a framework?

Why is the model link a plugin?

Did you not read the title?

@VSCPlays it was always a plugin

2 Likes

Re-doing the documentation site once again, this time I’m using VitePress instead of Moonwave which looks way nicer:

I’m also adding videos to most doc pages per request of @CmdrRaine

@VSCPlays

5 Likes

idk what a canary engine is but that website looks proffesional sheesh, good work.

CanaryEngine is a framework which combines the usage of BridgeNet2 and GoodSignal modules which helped optimization and it comes with other libraries such as BlueSerializer and etc.

You can read all this:

though I am just providing you the point

lolmansReturn if it’s copying the OP then let me know about that

Also I like that im replying to another acocunt with “VSCPlays”

The thing is I still dont understand why someone should use canary engine, what exactly does it makes easier. And what does it really do? Does it just optimize networking and events?

Brilliant mate, that will really help people get started.

1 Like

CanaryEngine - v4.0.0

@VSCPlays
@CmdrRaine (no videos yet, but ill be working on that next)

After a whole month of development, CE4 is finally released. Checkout the changelog on our new stylish :sparkles:site: Changelog | Canary Docs

2 Likes

Is this recommended to a beginner or do they need more experience

Well in the title it says Engine and framework.

“Engine” is a part of the name “CanaryEngine

It is a framework though