Cancollide glitches out on torso?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    So I want my character to be non collidable. He will not fall through the floor, since he is constrained by a weld- not the issue here though.

2. What is the issue?
    All of my characters parts have cancollide disabled, and i have extensively checked that all parts have cancollide off. I found out that apparently the torso keeps enabling cancollide by itself, even though the box stayed unticked.

1. What solutions have you tried so far?

I have searched devforum for this exact problem to no avail, nobody else has the same problem I have i guess. am i missing something? was there an update? or am i doing things wrong?

All body parts and welded parts are cancollide = false and massless = true.

For additional proof that its the torso and not anything else,

I tried removing the humanoid and attachments and welds too but nothing changed. I am genuinely confused.

try running this code in serverscriptservice

local PhysicsService = game:GetService("PhysicsService")
PhysicsService:RegisterCollisionGroup("BodyParts")
PhysicsService:CollisionGroupSetCollidable("Default", "BodyParts", false)

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(character)
		for _, v in pairs(character:GetChildren()) do
			local hum = character:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Humanoid")
			if hum:GetLimb(v) ~= Enum.Limb.Unknown then
				v.CollisionGroup = "BodyParts"
			end
		end
	end)
end)

Have you checked if the HumanoidRootPart stays with collision disabled?

yes cancollide is off, the torso still stays. all parts are cancollide = false. its the torso, cause when i delete it the rig falls through the floor, but not if i do the HRP or any limbs.

okay so now it collides with the outside geometry… kinda?.. but then my character goes inside… I know that sounds confusing but heres an example:

problem is still evident.

I also just found out that apparently if i put any part in the dummy model and name it “torso” then it will achieve the same issue as well as change to a smooth-edge beveled block mesh

using collisiongroups fixed it… but why is this necessary? is this a bug or a feature? im not sure.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.