Candy themed simulator map

Working on a candy-themed simulator map, feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

4 Likes

fantastic work the map looks amazing

1 Like

It looks great! However, I only feedback I’ll give is the texture, the open space, and difference.
Firstly, I suggest giving a little bit of texture to the gumdrops scattered around the map as it gives more of a candy-land vibe!
Secondly, the spacing is a bit boring and bland - although I know that this game is in development, I suggest adding different candy models around the map instead of gumdrops: Such as chocolate bars, lollipops, cherries, etc.
Lastly, difference. What do I mean by, difference? Well, there was a recent post about which game concept it better: Tycoons or Simulators. Tycoons won by the majority of the votes, so I here to suggest to bring something more interesting that stands out from the rest of the simulators. You think you can do that?
Otherwise, you have an astonishing low poly build of a simulator. Keep up the great work!

I would work on the overall map structure add elevation. This can include other candy, items such as known selections marshmallows, candy houses, cookies and more. I believe the stuff i say might be already planned out?

Honestly, the ground surface looks bland and plain in my opinion. Try putting more details onto the map. Because the houses look repetitive i believe that’ll be changed throughout the whole map progress I would try placing a few items add other types of houses and add colorful pallets to have that feel throw simple objects chocolate, gum drops, donuts, colored trees and more.

I would make the ground floor different vibrant color such as (bright red, pink, purple different choices) consider making the houses or items come in other flavors like orange, yellow, red, blue add some more objects like bushes, plants and variety of trees if it’s still in development try to add your own items before asking for feedback - criticism.

Overall good! Here are a few suggestions though!

1. Candy sticking out of the ground, such as chocolate bars, lollipops, and more!
  2. This is a simulator game so if you’re creating the game (not just the map) maybe make the coins you pick up little gum drops, or chocolate coins! place them throughout the build
  3. Instead of a caste like wall on just one side, it could go all around the terrain, or create a chocolate wafer fence!

Amazing! Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it is a great start! I have a few suggestions:

1. I think that you should create some sort of barrier so it does not look like the map just suddenly stops. It is commonly does with mesh “walls” that are mountains, or making the map an island is also common. I think that one of those features would look cool here. Putting mountains on the other side of the castle walls would also look really good. A low-poly style castle would also look really cool.

2. I think that things like candy canes, chocolate, gummy bears, etc coming out of the ground would look really good and fit the theme really well.

Overall, it is looking really good. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

So are u gonna add candies or leave it with random slimes?

This looks very good, I think you could add more candies like lollipops for trees, gummy flowers, etc.