Cannon Use Save As or Publish As

Reproduction Steps

In studio, try to save or publish to another experience. Once you try to click overwrite, nothing will happen. The screen will just stay the same with the overwrite button greyed out.

Expected Behavior

I expected it to show a confirmation screen letting me know the game had been published/saved.

Actual Behavior

Nothing. Stays on this screen until you manually exit. Also checked to make sure it wasn’t publishing and just not letting us know. It is not publishing or saving.

Workaround

No. We are not sure how to update our game at the moment.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Very Rarely
Date First Experienced: 2022-12-01 00:12:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-12-01 00:12:00 (-06:00)

6 Likes

Have you clicked on the Farming and Friends icon?
Seems to me I remember (may be wrong, haven’t done it in a while) having to select the place in the previous screen, then having to select the icon on the screen you show, then it allows you to click the Overwrite button.

After some testing, I’ve found that this is caused by Sound instances with improperly formatted SoundId properties. Specifically, if the SoundId is formatted like this: rbxassetid://rbxassetid://0 it will break “Save to Roblox As”.

I know for sure that this is the bug @gdunn2 encountered because I’m a developer in the same group so I have access to the affected experience and I was able to reproduce the bug.

1 Like

We can reproduce it. Thanks for the report, and we are investigating.

3 Likes

This issue has now been fixed. Please let us know if it recurs.

Thank you for your patience in this matter!

After this, I suddenly cannot save or publish any script edits. Anything on this?

2 Likes

It appears to have fixed. I have no idea why.

@ha_rrizz Is this issue still occurring? If not, it might’ve been the solution hadn’t reached your device yet. Let us know if we can close this out.

No, the issue is no longer occurring; it’s been half a year since that post, which I replied to 14 minutes later to with this:

Yea we know :sweat_smile: thanks! Just wanted to doublecheck before closing it.

1 Like

:joy: Appreciate it.