Cannot Change Badge Image

Reproduction Steps

Attempting to change the image of a badge through the Creator Dashboard as well as Configure Badge page throws an error & does not change the image.

Other properties can be changed (description, Active)

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior

Badge image should change without error

Actual Behavior

Badge image doesn’t change, error displayed:

https://gyazo.com/384ec63751378bf3d59089f478cf54cb
https://gyazo.com/6a4e4fdfd0a453edd34b951f79077bc1

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: [redacted]
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-02 00:06:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-06-02 00:06:00 (-06:00)

3 Likes

Hi thanks for reporting this, we will be looking into it!

3 Likes

I just went to try to check your questions out and I’m no longer having any issues changing the badge image, it’s working as expected now.

1 Like

By configure badge page do you mean this page?

I was able to create a badge using the page I screenshotted above but I was able to repro your error on creator dashboard.

That page was working fine, i meant the page you get when editing a badge as well as the Creator Dashboard page (Roblox and https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/2682938349/badges/BADGE_ID/configure)

1 Like

Hm…thats strange. I still get the error on my end. We’ll still look into the issue. Thanks for reporting, I’m glad its working for you now! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi @Fm_Trick Not really related to this Bug, but if i click the link im able to edit you’re Badge, I can also browse your game badges and configure them Kind of dangerous as a bug due privacy.

I can provide more information on this.
Sometimes when you edit a badge there occurrs a bug, where you cant edit the image, the name or the description. To avoid this issue, you can just edit the buggy option and one of the other options and save afterwards. For example: changing the image does not work; upload the image and change the name or description of the asset; save afterwards.
Hope this helps.

@ahrielia I have no idea if this is accurate so I’m not making a new post about it, but worth looking into?

Yes, Just Following up this to make it more accurate i made a small video

i can also edit image:

and I think that with the id any badge / game pass can be edited by other users.
I didn’t click save, I wouldn’t want to run into something I shouldn’t do

After clicking save on this or any other badge which you are not allowed to edit, brings up this:

Hi, badges are public by default. You should not be able to edit or add badges to experiences/badges you do not own but you are able to view them.

1 Like

I figured that was the case, still alarming that unauthenticated users can access the configure page at all.

Looks like they’re a few things going on here, but I can confirm we’ve fixed the original bug. Please refile if you’re still having issues. So sorry it took us this long to get to it.

1 Like