Cannot change game icon

The icon that shows on this page is the default icon and not the icon on the previous page.

The correct icon…

When I click on this place, the icon becomes the default one:

When I upload a new icon and click Save I get this message:

As soon as I click Save Changes I get these errors in the console:

Running the latest version of Chrome on MacOS Ventura 13.0.1

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/experiences/[experienceID]/places/[placeID]/configure

3 Likes

It’s normal. It does the same thing to me too, and when I go to roblox it puts the right icon

1 Like

It isn’t. The new icon does not save.

1 Like

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

4 Likes

Whilst the issue in the second image here is fixed (the correct icon shows), I still cannot update the icons for my games. This is a pretty severe issue impacting the release management of my game, I hope it will be resolved quickly.

1 Like

I’ve isolated the issue to a Google Drive sync issue on my laptop. As I was uploading the icon directly from my Drive folder, I was unaware it was being loaded into the Dashboard as an empty file. I’ve now fixed this and can upload icons again.

Whilst this is my fault it would be an improvement if Roblox could add a better descriptor than “Unknown Error”, such as “Image could not be read” or “File is empty”

1 Like

It took about a month for mine to permanently change lol

2 Likes

Same issue here, they still haven’t resolved this issue.

2 Likes

This happened to me once i dont think they resolved this issue yet, i don’t really know if there is anything you can do about it right now. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the report! We’re looking into updating the message that MasterDaniel ran into (ie, changing the “Unknown Error” upon invalid file upload to something more descriptive).

It sounds like the issue that the follow-up posters had was separate, and we’d like to hear more details so we can try to reproduce. We’d like to know what page you were on, what you tried to do, what error message you saw or what happened unexpectedly, and if you see any errors in your browser (similar to how MasterDaniel posted).

1 Like

Hi, I’m encountering an issue on PC when uploading an icon where it simply shows the loading symbol for a while after I click on “save changes”, and then just refreshed after some time. Tried multiple times, same issue. Followed the icon link on mobile and managed to change my icon on there. Is this related to the same issue?

Just circling back here, is this still an issue? Seems like everything is resolved.

1 Like

Thanks for filing the report @MasterDaniel. This should be fixed now. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.