Cannot change price of developer products on Dashboard

Reproduction Steps

I am trying to change the price of a developer product to a cheaper price.

Expected Behavior

When I click save it should save the new price.

Actual Behavior

After clicking save, the price immediately switches back to what it was when the page was opened. This doesn’t appear to be visual as the price is still what it was after renavigating to the product.

It says updated successfully but this is a lie as I set it to “15” and it changed back to “19” after hitting Save Changes.

I’m running the latest version of Chrome and have reproduced this issue on both Windows 11 and macOs Ventura.

The workaround seems to be to disable adblock, but this only worked once and then the issue continued to occur with the adblock disabled.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/{id}/developer-products/{productid}/configure
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

5 Likes

This issue is actually in no way related to any browser extensions. I attempted to configure dev products on multiple accounts, multiple places, and multiple browsers without extensions. Failed 100% of the time.

The solution I found is to configure dev products in the game settings in studio, or the “configure experience page” of a game.

3 Likes

I’ve found this to be similar to game-titles on the old page, you have to set the price multiple times before it will save.

Similar report: Updating a Developer Product's description often fails on the backend, despite saying it worked on the frontend (Creator Dashboard)

Surprised this bug has been unresolved since December. I can’t get the Dev Product to update on the creator dashboard no matter how many attempts I make. Not sure if I’m unlucky or the issue has just worsened.

Hi, Looking into a fix for this

6 Likes

Today I’m creating a set of new developer products for my game and I am not being hyperbolic when I say this is a really serious issue. I cannot change anything about my products once they have been created and it is having a big impact on my workflow.

I’ve tried it on multiple browsers now (Chrome, Edge, Safari) and none of them work.
However I have noticed that on Safari I am served the old Developer Products page and so can actually do my job. Hopefully this does not end up getting redirected before the issue with the Create page is fixed.

2 Likes

I want to make an update tomorrow and because of this annoying bug i have to put a few developer products off sale, as i am unable to change the price, really hope a fix for this is soon.

You can still access the configure experience page if you go to the experience’s page and use the three dot drop down menu.

I can’t edit anything in studio’s game setting monetization page. I’m getting this warning. This has been happening since yesterday to my knowledge.

Failed builtin_GameSettings.rbxm.GameSettings.Pages.MonetizationPage.Controllers.MonetizationController:181: HttpResponse = { responseTimeMs : 143.1295871734619, responseCode : 403, responseBody : { errors : table: 0x0c9555867b97cbb4 }, requestOptions : { Headers : table: 0xfa32269e64644274, Url : (link to dev product), Method : POST, Body : [] } }

I assume this bug is related to this topic.

This page tends to redirect you to the dashboard if you select the wrong button and is in the process of being phased out

This is also not a solution as dev-product icons can not be changed via Studio

1 Like

I believe there is some kind of A/B test going on here because on my PC it always force redirects me to the Creator dashboard whereas on my laptop it always shows me the old one.

Apologies for the delayed response here - this should be resolved, but please let us know if it’s not for you!

4 Likes

It does appear to be working now, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.