Updating a Developer Product's description often fails on the backend, despite saying it worked on the frontend (Creator Dashboard)

Reproduction Steps
If it matters, using latest version of Google Chrome

1. Create a Developer Product on the Creator Dashboard
  2. Enter the Configure page for it
  3. Change the description of it
  4. Press “Save Changes”
  5. Observe the frontend says the change saved successfully, observe the backend often says a 403 error has occurred (via a browser’s developer console) or outputs no error and still fails

Expected Behavior
The developer product’s description is successfully updated. If not, the frontend says an error has occurred instead of lying to me. :frowning:

Actual Behavior
The developer product’s description is almost never updated. The frontend will always say it succeeded, even when it doesn’t.

Workaround
N/A

Issue Area: Roblox Website (Creator Dashboard)
Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/EXPERIENCEIDHERE/developer-products/ASSETIDHERE/configure
Impact: High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-12-16 00:12:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-12-16 00:12:00 (-05:00)

3 Likes

This also applies to updating the price of the DevProduct. Also, when this does silently fail it sets the price and description back to their former values.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi - I can’t seem to reproduce this anymore, but I remember changes have been made within the past 6 months that had to do with the developer product creation/update flow. If you run into this again, can you bump this thread with a screenshot of the network tab to see what api call failed? I suspect that you ran into issues with textfilter and/or an api migration where somehow your request got sent to a deprecated API instead of the new one

2 Likes

Will do! I actually can’t repro this anymore myself. I think it was likely the API migration issue FWIW, the text itself was not rejected/tagged.

Given this, I’ll close this thread and make a new one if I encounter it again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.