Cannot Change Render Fidelity of MeshPart

My game has an absurd amount of memory eaten up by collisions and associated parts.

I’ve done a bit of research to investigate this error, and what I have found suggests that I need to lower the fidelity of meshes in-game.

However, when I go to change the RenderFidelity of some parts from “Precise” to “Automatic,” it reverts back to “Precise” no matter how much I try to fight it, as seen below

What do I do to mitigate this?

You show a lot of PhysicsParts. Try setting the CanTouch property of those items to false unless they need to react to a Touched event.
This will keep the engine from calculating the physical contact of those items.

Another way to reduce them is if you have an entire model (like a car) that needs to have a Touched event fire then have 1 or 2 hitboxes or a simple Union that are Transparent and CanCollide false but CanTouch true which roughly shape out where a player would touch the model.

1 Like

Right now I am focusing on changing the CollisionFidelity. Some things were PreciseConvexDecomposition, most things were set to Default and still had a ton of collision issues before I set them to Box or Hull.

Yes, but if they are set to PreciseConvexDecomposition and have the CanTouch property false the engine no longer needs to calculate those touched events at all.

If a mesh has too few triangles to be complex/performance heavy, it will default to precise.

1 Like

If the mesh is too simple or cant be decimate more then its RenderFidelity can not be change.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.