Cannot commit script (Please check their status first)

I want to start by saying that this is supposed to be in #bug-reports, but I do not have the permissions to post there. It would be nice if someone could move it.

Ever since the roblox studio update today, I have been having issues committing scripts.

Edit: Thanks @antolol7350 for the fix, however this is still broken with that feature enabled.

This seems to be a bug with collaborative editing, as turning it off in the settings immediately fixed this.

Reproduction Steps

1. Open a Roblox game in Roblox Studio.
  2. Commit to a script once.
  3. Try editing the script slightly and commiting again.

Backend Data
UserId: 35934520
PlaceId: 8541467085
Exact Time (within that minute): 2022-08-24 18:17:00 (-08:00)

System Information
Windows 10 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Desktop GPU

Beta Features
CSG Version 3, Save rig with Animation, Start Page List Display.
Not enrolled in Beta Channel.

Expected Behavior

The script should be committed as normal and allow me to publish.

Actual Behavior

Every time I try to commit after the first one, I get this error:
error

Usually this is resolved by merging draft and server, but if I look at drafts there seems to be no problems:
Screenshot_18

Publishing requires the scripts to be committed, so I’m stuck.

Workaround

Restart studio every single time… to commit to a script once. It’s also worth noting that the script shows up as blank after every restart, forcing me to keep the script copy pasted from VS Code every time.

The first commit still works completely fine though.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-08-24 16:14:00 (-08:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-08-24 18:17:00 (-08:00)

3 Likes

Not long ago I had the same exact issue not long ago I solved it by going into Setting —­> Other
and checking collaborative scripting off thought you should copy the script you did before because it will delete it all after restarting the session

2 Likes

I’m experiencing this too, I almost lost hours of work, but thankfully I had enough sense to copy-paste my script into a Notepad window before reloading Studio…

Really hope this gets fixed quickly. Who knows how many people are gonna lose work from it?

1 Like

Hey I think you miss understood you need to turn off collaborative Editing

I’m experiencing the problem to, when I did that. When I added the script back and tried to publish it. It still asked me to commit the script? With collaboration off. (and yes I restarted studio after doing it) So I have no clue why this is happening!

so collaboration is off? because everything is working fine for me…

I kept this topic open because it’s still a bug with collaborative editing turned on.
Yes, the fix is to turn it off but that doesn’t fix collaborative editing being broken.

1 Like

Bumping. It’s still an issue, affecting me right now, Roblox needs to fix this

1 Like

The issue seems to happen rapidly. Its really annoying

Bumping, still a problem. Fix please.