Cannot create local test servers due to abnormal termination

Reproduction Steps

When I click Test > Start in Studio to create a local server, one of the two scenarios happens:

1. I get an error popup and the local server does not open.
  2. The local server opens, one of the clients opens (but not all), and then I get the same popup.

Expected Behavior

I expect the local server and clients to open.

Actual Behavior

The local server and clients do not open, and I get this error message:
abnormal-terminate-message

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-08-04 15:00:00 (-04:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

7 Likes

Hi,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue! Could DM me the Studio logs? That’ll help us look into it right away!

On Windows, Studio logs are located in “AppData\Local\Roblox\logs” under your current user.
On Mac, Studio logs are located in ~/Library/Logs/Roblox

Thank you,
aNewMoose

Bit late, but here:

If you use Cloudflare DNS, go ahead and swap that out for Google’s DNS (8.8.8.8)

Cloudflare has something odd going on with it right now and it won’t fulfill certain DNS requests.

Having this same exact issue, but instead, i’m unable to open studio itself.
I’m only encountering this issue on my 5GHZ network, but not on my 2.4GHZ network?

1 Like

I am getting this issue as well. Even when starting up studio it does the same thing.

The cause of the issue that AstroCode was running into was likely due to a bad installation by the Roblox Studio Mod Manager bootstrapper where a necessary file was missing or in the wrong place, based on the logs they sent me.

The recommended steps for resolving that issue were to re-install or move the missing file if it was missed by Roblox Studio Mod Manager.

2 Likes

For 5GHZ vs. 2.4GHZ, CantBeBothered’s suggestion might help? Nothing immediately comes to mind that Studio does on 5GHZ vs. 2.4GHZ networks.

1 Like

Please DM me the your Studio logs!
I’ll try to help as best as I can! :slight_smile:

Do you happen to know what files Roblox Studio Mod Manager is missing so I can move it over? I’m encountering the same issue around 90% of the time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Having the same issue here, but resolved it by doing the following:

Copying a folder named “ApplicationConfig” from the vanilla Studio installation, this needs to contain a file named “OAuth2Config”.
( This is located in C:\Users\ < your username >\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\ < lastest Roblox version > )

You’ll need to copy this folder to the root folder where RobloxModManager installs studio.
C:\Users\ < your username > \AppData\Local\Roblox Studio

And this should temporally resolve the crash issue whilst we wait for the developer of the RobloxModManager to fix this issue.

7 Likes

The information that Triton provided is correct! The missing folder/file is ApplicationConfig/OAuth2Config.json.

1 Like

This issue has been corrected in new versions of the mod manager. Unfortunately I can’t automate this because Roblox doesn’t provide a consistent record of how to bootstrap the files.

I try to infer it based off of rbxPkgManifest.txt and rbxManifest.txt but the listed deploy paths aren’t always correct. The issue with OAuth2Config.json in particular is pretty blatant:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/setup.roblox.com/version-6e38bd4c3a2f4ba1-rbxManifest.txt
https://s3.amazonaws.com/setup.roblox.com/version-6e38bd4c3a2f4ba1-rbxPkgManifest.txt

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.