Cannot edit or re-submit applications

Reproduction Steps
I recently submitted an application, and withdrew it with the intent to re-apply because Roblox censored an important part of my application message. There is no option to edit these applications, so I figured I would have to re-apply until I could get a message through that wasn’t filtered.

However, after I withdrew the application, I was only able to view my withdrawn application, and could not re-submit it.

This causes me to look very unprofessional at no fault of my own. In addition, it will appear as though I have completely withdrawn from the application, and I have to send a message explaining that this is a technical issue on Roblox’s end, and that I actually intend to apply for the position—if they are even able to view my message in the first place.

Expected Behavior
You should be able to re-apply to a job posting after withdrawing an application.

On top of this, being able to edit the message on your application would be nice, given how easy it is to trigger a false positive with the filter (which shouldn’t be there in the first place, but I’m guessing Roblox does not intend to remove it).

Actual Behavior
The button that would normally say “Apply” only lets you view the application that you withdrew, and does not let you re-apply.

On top of this, it is impossible to send a message to some employers until you withdraw your application, or it is accepted; there is no way to edit the application message.

Workaround
Only apply to an application once and pray that your message does not get censored and you end up looking very unprofessional because of an AI randomly filtering a good part of your message.

Issue Area: Talent Hub
Page URL: https://talent.roblox.com/
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-04-22 00:04:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-04-25 00:04:00 (-06:00)

21 Likes

In the several times that I have had multiple hiring posts active at once, I get several messages on every current hiring post, from people who are trying to re-apply to a different original post they were interested in. They say they couldn’t edit it or that they withdrew to reapply and couldn’t apply again, so they try to contact me on the unrelated hiring post instead. Other people track down my Discord etc and tell me they had to message me there because they withdrew their post accidentally/whatever. So this is definitely a widespread problem that most applicants run into sometimes

7 Likes

This is a known product limitation of Talent Hub currently. Each user can only have 1 application to a job, regardless of the status of that application.

I’ll move this over to feature requests for now and the team will follow up when they get around to addressing this issue.

8 Likes

No, this is not just a product limitation, but a total failure on your team’s part. We expected way better from a multi-billion dollar company. It’s been almost a full year and this hasn’t been fixed.

2 Likes

This limitation is fine however the Roblox filter makes this impossible to use, I should never be forced to write in a specific way out of fear that my entire message will be forever filtered with no way to re-apply to the position.

8 Likes