Cannot find a way to implement Team Divisions/Factions

1. What do you want to achieve? Team divisions (Ex: A spec-ops group in an agency team)

2. What is the issue? I can’t find anything about it in the devforum, nor can find a way to do it.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I couldn’t find anything about it in the forum, nor a method to implement it in Studio.

And yes, it’s for a scp game.

Have you considered just using Roblox’s built-in teams service?

If you’re looking to avoid teamkills you could add an stringValue and a script inside StarterCharacterScripts, so when the character is added the script detects the player’s team and puts the team name on the value. So when your using weapons, detect if the value inside the character is the same of the attacker’s team value.
image1

inside the TeamScript:

local player = game:GetService("Players"):GetPlayerFromCharacter(script.Parent)
script.Parent.teamValue.Value = player.Team.Name

image2

on a sword, for example:
image3

Yes, it doesn’t support that kinda thing though…

Far from what I’m asking, this is a whole different thing

Ohhh, gotcha. So you want like a sub-group/sub-team within the main group?

Yea yea yea, a sub-team in a team.

Are you sure you REALLY searched for this topic? One google search for this gave me a decent thread with a solution. If this doesn’t guide you in the right direction, please let me know for further assistance.

Thread: How to create sub-teams/divisions?

I’m in the process of making a custom handler, if it doesn’t work I’ll let ya know :sparkles:

Gotcha. Just ping me and I’ll try and answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.